• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

power to one side of the fuse panel on a 72 charger.

boardog

Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
i am getting close on finishing up my 72 and now have a issue. i have had only one issue with the electrical system and that was the turn signals do not want to blink so i went under the dash to see if i could find the problem. Well i must have moved a wire or something because now i only have power to the left side of the fuse box or the battery hot side. i have power to all the fuses on the left side of the fuse panel looking at it. i have no power on the right side of the panel. i removed it from the bulkhead part so i could get to the back of it and can see nothing broken and no wires pulled loose. Using a test light everything thing on the left side is fine but no power on the right side of the box. Can anyone help me out please? Also what is this module part of the turn signal system?
2023-06-03 14.40.16.jpg
2023-06-03 14.40.22.jpg

must have ignition key on for power to be on both sides of some of the fuses.

Yup, if your testing with the key off one side of the fuse box won't have power.... And that part is a time delay relay for a dash light & an ignition key light... It gets hot, that's normal..

Check out the electrical schematic for your year/model, it shows the fuse panel and what gets power, when.

ACC side gets the power from ign switch and just is powered with ign key in ACC or RUN(ign1j. BATT side gets the power from ammeter/alt wire main splice And is allways powered.

you can see which side is each one reading the legend just right below the embossed male prongs provisions, because they are spliced straight from buss bars on backside

products-dscf0740-scaled.jpg

Except the two ones on top which are independent wired on backside for other function (not being sourced from bus bars), like cluster lights, and RUN circuit spreaded around into the dash harness, for some specific functions

the cylindrical relay is the time delay flasher for the ign key courtesy light on column

Last edited:
i found the problem. the plug between the steering column and the main harness some how had became partially unplugged. Plugged it back together and all is good. thanks for all the help.

Auto Transport Service
Back