• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

power window master switch

bodk

Local time
8:00 AM
Reaction score
Gent's: I am in the process of restoring a 1966 Dodge Coronet Convertible. I am in search of a power window master switch. Anyone who has an idea where to search for this part? I found a set at Classic industries but apparently it is not correct and many on ebay from 1968 upwards but no 1966!

I hope you are sound and safe

That type you will only find here by posting a parts wanted ad, A Mopar event/flea market or e-bay... Check the part Number and see if C-body is the same that opens up another source that might be easy... I know 69 C-body is the same as 69 B-body so that might be something to look at...

That type you will only find here by posting a parts wanted ad, A Mopar event/flea market or e-bay... Check the part Number and see if C-body is the same that opens up another source that might be easy... I know 69 C-body is the same as 69 B-body so that might be something to look at...

Thanks for your quick reply. I will check it out

Tell me about your car, I also own a '66 Coronet convertible with power windows.

Tell me about your car, I also own a '66 Coronet convertible with power windows.
Hi Therman440.
I purchase the car 3½ year ago from a new startet museum just south of Stockholm, Sweden. They didn't have space for it, so they dump it out of their collection. First winter I renovated the cabin, most of the wiring in the cabin, top- and window motors were renovated, paint and crome of small items. Engine and gear was fine. Also most seals and wheather strips was renewed if I could get new ones. Finally I had to renovated the power steering pump as it was leaking fluid. That was a difficult job. I even had a professional hydraulich shop to assist me, but it turn out they only the job 50% as they have turn every second wing the wrong way so the pressure was to low!
Next summer I had to renovate the transmission as the kickdown was not working.
Last summer I had to renovate the engine. It appeared that it had never been opened as the bearings had the production date nov 65!
This winter I have repaired som welding works which were not so elegantly executede, renew the staffing on the trims on the side (hell of a work!) indcluding getting clips and fasteners, renew rearside panels in both sides, tacometer and all parts in the front suspension as it was worn out. Next is a renewal of the right exhaust gasket and reinstallation of the A/C. During the coming winter I'll have to renew the rear suspension. I'll post some picetures in the projet forum.
One thing I would like, if possible, is to track the cars history in the US. Is that possible based on the WIN? The seller told me it came from Florida but thats all I know!

pics pics pics

Hi Therman440.
I purchase the car 3½ year ago from a new startet museum just south of Stockholm, Sweden. They didn't have space for it, so they dump it out of their collection. First winter I renovated the cabin, most of the wiring in the cabin, top- and window motors were renovated, paint and crome of small items. Engine and gear was fine. Also most seals and wheather strips was renewed if I could get new ones. Finally I had to renovated the power steering pump as it was leaking fluid. That was a difficult job. I even had a professional hydraulich shop to assist me, but it turn out they only the job 50% as they have turn every second wing the wrong way so the pressure was to low!
Next summer I had to renovate the transmission as the kickdown was not working.
Last summer I had to renovate the engine. It appeared that it had never been opened as the bearings had the production date nov 65!
This winter I have repaired som welding works which were not so elegantly executede, renew the staffing on the trims on the side (hell of a work!) indcluding getting clips and fasteners, renew rearside panels in both sides, tacometer and all parts in the front suspension as it was worn out. Next is a renewal of the right exhaust gasket and reinstallation of the A/C. During the coming winter I'll have to renew the rear suspension. I'll post some picetures in the projet forum.
One thing I would like, if possible, is to track the cars history in the US. Is that possible based on the WIN? The seller told me it came from Florida but thats all I know!

Is your car a 440 or 500 (trim level)?
What drivetrain?
Pics would be nice also!

Gent's thanks for the interest in my project. Here follows some pictures at the current state. As you can see I am in the process of fixing the window in the drivers side. It is a 440 trim with a 361 V8 and automatic with matching numbers. The color was originally some yellow'ish/gold. I bought the car from a newly startet museum just south of Stockholm but it was excess to their perimeters so they sold it off. According to the seller it origin is Florida. Does you know if it is possible to track the cars history in US via i.e. the WIN?
20200412_182726.jpg
20200412_182738.jpg
20200412_182726.jpg
20200412_182738.jpg
20200412_182754.jpg
20200412_182803.jpg
20200412_182816.jpg

Wow.

I'll tell you this-

If I was aware of that car for sale in FL it would not have made it to Denmark!

I generally try to keep abreast of the 66/67 market.

Hard to believe a 66 vert big block 440 model with AC and PW escaped my efforts.

Last edited:
Nice car,
I can see the rear window switch in one of the photos - it looks like a GM switch.

Wow.

I'll tell you this-

If I was aware of that car for sale in FL it would not have made it to Denmark!

I generally try to keep abreast of the 66/67 market.

Hard to believe a 66 vert big block 440 model with AC and PW escaped my efforts.

Well it is almost 4½ year ago now, and many hours spent on the car! But I'm getting there.

Nice car,
I can see the rear window switch in one of the photos - it looks like a GM switch.

Yes you are right, they are not original but generic Classic Industries China stuff which is not worth the money! The masterswitch was also a generic type but didn't work, so I switch it to another generic, and after 3 years it stopped working. Now I have purchased an original one via this forum, US MADE! I trust it will work for years to come once it lands here

I just came across this post.

Beautiful car! And a rare find.
Convertible, power windows, A/C, 361 V8, and it looks like it has a clock!

Good find, Bo.

Devin Duke
McMinnville Oregon USA

Nice car, like convertibles. My father really liked convertibles, had a 64 Olds Starfire yellow with a black top and interior. Then bought a 66 Olds 98 convertible white with black top and light blue interior. His nose was bright red all summer! I bought my 66 Satellite convertible in 1978.
Sounded like you found your master switch, correct?

Jep I got a rebuilded Master Switch from Devin, but the connector did not match as the one I had purchased from Classic Industries was a generic China made one! I could have made a work around with individual plugs and all, but I wanted it to be as closed to original as possible. I have spent a great deal of hours to restore this car (and money for that matter) but it seems to be worth it! During last years spring it became know all over Denmark as it performed in a "drive in concert" with one of our national well know artists and my eldest son at the wheel. Not bad for this 25 year young man! I wish I could have switched, for a moment!

Auto Transport Service
Back