• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Preferred Chrome Shop?

VFilms

Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
I've searched here for a preferred re-chrome shop but found nothing definitive. I've found on the web We R chrome in Ohio, Sandy's Bumper Mart in Syracuse, Paul's Chrome in Penn and the Chrome Shop outside Chicago. Anyone have comments on any of these shops or have info on others shops that do bumpers? Thanks.

I use tri-city for bumpers, and the Chrome shop for pot metal and other small parts. Both do quality work.

I’ve had work done at Paul’s and LiBrandi in PA.

Paul’s is usually the higher cost but they do great work. LiBrandi is still ‘expensive’ but they’re very close to me. No shipping.

I thought my rechromed bumpers were perfect until I put them beside the stuff I had rechromed at Paul’s. Paul’s is top notch show chrome. And you will pay for it! $2,500 for my bike frame, $1,000 for some Hemi valve covers, and bumpers are over $1,000 a piece now.
I haven’t had any thing done in a few years so could be higher now.

I've searched here for a preferred re-chrome shop but found nothing definitive. I've found on the web We R chrome in Ohio, Sandy's Bumper Mart in Syracuse, Paul's Chrome in Penn and the Chrome Shop outside Chicago. Anyone have comments on any of these shops or have info on others shops that do bumpers? Thanks.
@CudaChick1968 had recommended one in some older threads.

@CudaChick1968 had recommended one in some older threads.

The only shop I ever recommended was Hoak Bros. Plating in San Bernardino (who did my Cuda's parts between 1992 and 2002) but they were overtaken by new owners and I have no idea what kind of work they turn out now, or if they're even still open. I have heard great things about TriCity Plating in Tennessee but have never used them personally so cannot comment on quality. Brown's Plating in Paducah also used to carry a very high reputation but was yet another victim of the EPA's crackdown on an industry we all knew, loved and relied on for many decades. Good old Mom & Pop Chrome Shops have been dropping like flies for awhile now. It's sad, and nothing in the "new technology" like spray-on chrome impresses me in the least.

The only shop I ever recommended was Hoak Bros. Plating in San Bernardino (who did my Cuda's parts between 1992 and 2002) but they were overtaken by new owners and I have no idea what kind of work they turn out now, or if they're even still open. I have heard great things about TriCity Plating in Tennessee but have never used them personally so cannot comment on quality. Brown's Plating in Paducah also used to carry a very high reputation but was yet another victim of the EPA's crackdown on an industry we all knew, loved and relied on for many decades. Good old Mom & Pop Chrome Shops have been dropping like flies for awhile now. It's sad, and nothing in the "new technology" like spray-on chrome impresses me in the least.
I agree about the small plating businesses closing.

Got mine done by Sherms in Sacramento front and rear, tail light trim and bumper guards Top Notch not cheap 4500.00

Years ago I used Sandy’s they do decent drivers quality work but Paul’s, Tri Cities and Advanced Plating do show quality work but their not cheap.

I use tri-city for bumpers, and the Chrome shop for pot metal and other small parts. Both do quality work.
I also recommend Tri-Cities in TN for bumpers. They did amazing work on my 68 Charger.

Auto Transport Service
Back