• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Presoak for washing

ESOXER

Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have a presoak for bugs? I don't want a stripping wash yet, just an early season clean on the Wrangler and the rest of the fleet. I do have a snow cannon if you have recommendations for that aswell. Thanks

I use SONAX and a quality microfiber cloth in the shade; and not when the paint surface is hot.

It does a great job of dissolving bug jerky. Safe for painted surfaces and plastics.

IMG_20220527_205755273.jpg

-----
I like to use Korean plush microfiber towels.

Bug Slide @ Amazon. Used for motorcycles mostly, but works very well! ruffcut

I was looking at chemical guys tough mudder, but reviews are mixed. I usually use cheap turtlewax in my foam cannon or whatever and then Mcguires ultimate, yellow junk, followed by the Mcguires fake ceramic. For the winter I use turtlewax seal and shine and it's been awesome. Underside I use fluidfilm in an undercoat gun, now my problem is making shock boots red instead of black.

Last edited:
Rinse then foam. Shade. Bug screens help a lot. Chemical Bros among others.
C2495896-D82F-43D5-BA46-C5B4A51CDB65.jpeg

Anyone have a presoak for bugs? I don't want a stripping wash yet, just an early season clean on the Wrangler and the rest of the fleet. I do have a snow cannon if you have recommendations for that aswell. Thanks
a sea foam product we use at the shop. Called bugs be gone
Most walmarts have it, its not cheap aprox $30 per gal. But it works.

Auto Transport Service
Back