• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pricing my '70 Coronet 500 or R/T tail lights

Sahara

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
Way North Canada. Polar Bear shaped license plates
I have a nice set of tail lights for a '70 Coronet R/T or 500. They are complete lenses, housings etc. I'd like to pass them on to a good home without losing my shirt. I also don't want to price them so low that some speculator will snap them up to resell on greEdBay. Here's the catch: I'm in the far north of Canada. I'm happy to ship them anywhere in the world, and can pack them so they will survive. Postage will be at least $50.00. But I REALLY don't want to answer a million postage quote requests. So I would like to sell them for a fixed price, postage INCLUDED to U.S. and Canada. I was thinking US$200.00. Is this high, low, or fair to both parties.

well i literally just got a set off ebay(arrived yesterday) im grafting them onto a different project im working on (a fiat spider). i needed one little plastic lens to fix the cracked pass light and when i found out they arnt reproduced, and italian, one used taillight was $375, so i thought why dont i just change tail lights. something cool that fits the shape of the car so i got a set of 68 superbee tail lights on Ebay. $25 each. and shipping was $14.95 through USPS from Minnesota to New Hampshire. they are solid but crusty quality, bad chrome, and one little crack in driver side reverse light lens. definitely would need restoring but are serviceable for a driver, im just going to blast them, and paint them argent with black in the recess. i just grabbed the cheapest set i saw because of what i need them for, but there were several better sets for about 50-200. best bet is to shop around like you wanted a set and just see what they are going for. a quick search showed me your lights are about the same price range, so you'd need to find a few comparable in quality. thats what i do every time i sell something. and given your location id say tacking on a set $50 is smart, first few hundred miles ship by dog sled up there right? :rofl:

Thanks for the replies; I'll snap a few pix and list them here for sale here.
BTW our mail is only delivered locally by dog sled. Some of it comes in by Buffalo Air. If you've ever seen the TV show Ice Pilots NWT it's those guys. I was in mailing some stuff once when they were filming but I never got on the show. Guess I'm not pretty enough.
Buffalo Joe is a car guy but his tastes are in the '50's. One of Buffalos storage yards has a bunch of old iron in it but no muscle Mopars.

Thanks for the replies; I'll snap a few pix and list them here for sale here.
BTW our mail is only delivered locally by dog sled. Some of it comes in by Buffalo Air. If you've ever seen the TV show Ice Pilots NWT it's those guys. I was in mailing some stuff once when they were filming but I never got on the show. Guess I'm not pretty enough.
Buffalo Joe is a car guy but his tastes are in the '50's. One of Buffalos storage yards has a bunch of old iron in it but no muscle Mopars.
ya pics will definitely help im sure theres plenty of buyers here.

thats cool. how many driving days do you get up there though? or do you just throw on studded snow tires and a plow? like the 73 charger in out cold?
i186173.jpg

The weather here is suitable for driving collector cars from May until mid October. We have beautiful, warm, dry summers with little rain and 24 hour daylight. The roads are good, and even on the main highway it's not unusual to have HOURS between vehicles. Lots of muscle cars were sold here in the late '60's and early '70's. The economy was booming and lots of young guys worked in the mines up here.
All are gone now, driven to death. Believe it or not there was a beater 440 Superbird on the streets of Yellowknife until quite recently. I haven't seen it lately so I imagine a collector snapped it up.

Auto Transport Service
Back