• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro Systems Carbs good or bad.

67coronetman

Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
I am just wondering what kind of luck are others having with Pro systems Carbs has it been good or bad.... Do they really build it for your setup or have the same for all.. i am asking cause a buddy got one for his 572 Hemi gave the guy the specs at Pro systems on his head flow & cam & so on and it don't run that well plus after reading what others have said on other Mopar sites got us wondering plus. A guy with a built small block had the same carb with jets & other internals as my buddy on his 572 Hemi that just don't seem right. Can anyone shed some light.. :)

i don't think any of those carb services are worth the money.

There's 2 guys on here that have used them IIRC

SuperStockRacer, Big CI Inch build 2x4bbl

&

Hemi-ITIS, Blown Hemi Build 2x4bbl

two vastly different combos

IIRC they maybe can share a better light on them...

There's allot of racers on their FB site, that seem to love them too...

they look like they have some quality type parts in them too,
not sure which carb your buddy has, but most I've seen are pretty trick
still need fine tuning probably too

it's not that tough to tune/change the parts, if necessary, Just like a Holley basically
squirter's {accel. pump nozzles} , accel. pump cam, accel. pump to 50cc & jets or air-bleeds
different altitudes, quality of air, weather & track conditions, all makes a difference,
even if you give them the details of the build, it's just a guideline,
IMO every engine will want something slightly different,
even using the same parts
it will still dictate a slight difference, in tuning anyway...

I know it's probably frustrating,
if it's ordered to be tuned to a specific build,
but it should still be fine tuned for the exact combo,
it's "actually going on" & the conditions too...

sounds like someone may have made a mistake possibly too

good luck

I've run ProSystems carbs and had good luck.

Because the 572 Hemi doesn't run good you figure it's the carburetor? We've had 528 Hemi's in here built by others that didn't run good and it wasn't the carburetor!

My 451 stroker with a ProSystem 1140 Dominator (yes, it was a custom 1140 cfm) could only eek out 787 HP on 91 octane. I don't give the carburetor all the credit, but it didn't hurt the engine. When we were fine tuning the engine we called the ProSystems hotline and got quick help.

Hey IQ52 good to hear from ya

I run a one of their HP1000 based carbs . Been great , did have to adjust final jetting to suit my motor could maybe jiggle air bleeds a little more

Tex

I run a HP1000 on my 505, runs great, my car does still need a dyno tune, but very happy with it, i have the venom billet metering blocks also.

In regards to what lewtot said in regards to not worth the money, when you think about it you are getting a carb that is more suited to your engine for about $100 more than an off the shelf unit of similiar quality, so very muchworth the money.

I really thank everyone for there imput my friend knows he will have to do some tuning i had to do that to my Holley 950 carb. We both just found it very strange that the company would ask all that info and charge you for the extra work then you still have to change the jets & air bleeds which he is having to do.. Before he had a Crossram intake with to AED 750 carbs right out of the box and it ran great..... I guess my friend should have just left it the way it was in the first place... Lessons learned.. :)

I have 2 SV1s and I'm very happy with them.They had not done many blower carbs so I had to fine tune it with great results.IMOP,the few that have switched them out were not too good at carb tuning.The SV1 is a little different then a conventional Dominator.
I'm installing O/2's ,,,,,,,,,so we'll see how close I got with my seat dyno:blob1:

4.19.15 067.jpg 4.19.15 069.jpg get-attachment.jpg

Toads%2520Wheelie.jpg2014 superpro ironman.jpg

I have two cars using the sv1 and am very happy with it. Patrick was spot on. Did not have to do any adjustment. Some of the problems is the interpitation of the data you send him. When you guess at horsepower, torque, flow data, weight, converter stall, etc there is room for error. My setup for two different vehicles was totally different in all specs. And both were small blocks, one 421 and the other 434. Two ironman, two runner ups and two track champs in two years with the two cars, Yes, I really like my pro system carbs. tks, DanO

Well here is a update it was the pricey Pro system carb that is bad my buddy talk to the guy there and he said send back the Metering blocks so he could check them... Now i am going to say something that some may not like but for 900.00 plus dollars that carb should have ran way better than it did period. Just saying and here is why we put a out of the box AED 750 on his 572 hemi and it ran better and held a good Idle within 2 min after he started it... In my opinion these carb companies that make claims should back them up or shut up since he paid extra for it to be setup to his engine combo and my friend gave him everything done to his motor.

Sorry You got a bad carb.Pro carb was recommended to me boy a guy that is going a lot faster than most with similar combos.The 950 carb I got for 416 duster runs wicked good.

Update the carb still runs like crap and Prosystems seem to not be of much help i think my friend should have just purchased a AED Carb Or a Holley in my opinion....

unfortunate, sure its the carb?

Yes Sir my car runs awesome and we mounted it on mine and it can't even keep a good idle and it rolls over at high rpm & speed i really think something is very wrong with the Metering blocks.

are they the billet venom II blocks?
i have these ones and works nice for me

The big problem with carburators is very simple. 90 percent do not know how they work and what it takes to make them work. Think how many years have gone by and each year less and less people are using carbs. Tuners are far and few today. The skilled people are just going away. I could ask 20 people what is the first thing you do to determine what needs to be done to get the carb to produce the proper signal. You will get 20 answers, but remind yourself its 4 holes sitting on top of a big pump.
If you open the holes to quick the stupid thing will not produce a good signal to atomize. Couple this with Air temp, barometer, timing and plenum size of the Intake manifold. We are asking this antique to do many things. When we first played with cross rams on the street 30 years ago they ran like crap. Then 2x 4 Carters ran worse. Now try a single Quick Fuel or Holley with Air Fuel Ratio gauges you can get real close. But still you have wet fuel going thru an intake. Carbs are long doomed to the junk Pile.

are they the billet venom II blocks?
i have these ones and works nice for me

Yes Sir they are and whats makes it even worse is we took a out of the box 750 AED Carb put it on his 572 Stroker Hemi and it held a great idle and sounded much better & my Holley 950 ran killer on his motor but the BIG expensive ProSystem carb runs like CRAP... I am sorry but i would not buy a dog turd from that company ever no one know whats going on when you send stuff back and they don't give you true answers.. Like when my buddy sent his metering blocks back he heard 3 different stories of when it was mailed out awful customer service Plan & Simple.

you must be the only one mate sorry to hear, I have had great customer service and great item.
did lots of research on them before I bought one too and not a single bad comment about them

Auto Transport Service
Back