• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PRO-TRAC TIRES FROM COKER

maxwedgechar

Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
Hello Everybody; HE"S ALIVE!!!!!! Max is up and running. When I bought Max back in '85 I put a pair of 275/60x15 PRO-TRACs on him and I was very happy with them. Coker is now reproing them. Has anybody had any experience with theirs? Oh, the fronts are FR70x14! I have no idea how old THEY are!

I have the Pro Trac 50s on mine, but unfortunately its not on the road yet...
:popcorn:

Coker has been busy over the last x amount of years picking up the rights/molds for several tire lines like BF Goodrich TAs and now the ProTracs. You will more than likely see an increase in price too.

I have them on the 68.
275-60-15
400 miles or so as of now. They ride just fine. Even did 200 miles in a rain storm with no issues.

I've got N50's on 15 x 10's rear and 235/60-15 on 15 X 7's front. They work pretty good for what they are (bias plies). Takes a few miles before they quit being "squirmy". I have put about 2000 on mine. They leave good black marks!
8231.jpg

I need a small tire on the front 'cause I've got fenderwell headers and even the FR70x14s rub. I think the FR70x14s are about the same as 185/70x14, YES? An yeah dey do look perty! @63SPF; Any of your convertibles MAXes? Darrell Davis has one.

Can you bring the front end up by adjusting the torsion bars to give you more tire clearance?

I need a small tire on the front 'cause I've got fenderwell headers and even the FR70x14s rub. I think the FR70x14s are about the same as 185/70x14, YES? An yeah dey do look perty! @63SPF; Any of your convertibles MAXes? Darrell Davis has one.
Aloha, I am in the process of building a 426 max wedge now. Block is being bored as we speak. Piston was floating so I went 30 over with 1964 , 426 street wedge block. found a set of 63 Max wedge heads , crossram intake and repop exhaust manifolds. Thank you Bob Mazzolini for all the help with pistons, rods and cam etc. My 63 Ply. Spt. Fury Vert will be a Maxi clone . But 1 hell of a clone.

Or at least they used to rub. With the Pro-Tracs in the back and the little tires in the front I decided to level the car with the torsion bars. It turns out that the original owner had backed off the left side bar for a better launch! The head of the bolt was about an inch below the control arm! I cranked it up as far as I could. The car isn't level front to rear but it is level side to side.

I like the old school front end up look. That's the way my 63 is setup. Just make sure it didn't affect your alignment too much.

I bought Pro-Trac in the 90's. Don't know if they have changed? Ok but they are hard rubber and they squeal like a stuck pig when putting the power to the ground. I bought a second set for the front 8"/9"" wide, they were ok. When I went to radials I was rolling them into the garage and noticed the tread pattern changed. Thread is zig-zagged and the pattern was larger then smaller. Looked odd to me. Don't know if it affected anything but thought I'd point it out. If anyone want's a picture I could take one , weather permitting.

I pulled the trigger on Tuesday night so we will see how it all goes. Next thing is to get him out into the middle of the warehouse and put him up on stands and pull the drums to see what things look like after 25 years.

I remember my brother had Pro Tracs's on his '71 Cuda around 1974.

Was a cool looking tire.

LOL, Pro-Trac 33-12.50s although they howled a bit, were great on this......

77Ramcharger.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back