• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Problem with the Wiper arms

Plymouth71

Waterslide Decal Artist
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Help. My wipers have not been parking correctly for quite some time. I've got a 1971 Plymouth Satellite, with two speed wipers. I had to turn it off mid wipe when it was at its lowest point to keep it from obscuring the windshield after clearing my windows. But now my driver side wiper arm has stopped working altogether. I looked closely at them and realize that there was a small latching system with a tab I had to pull on to get the wiper arm off and I was able to get the passenger side to park properly, but it seems like there's not enough strength in the wiper arm to turn the driver side. I know somebody has an answer for me, because you guys have experience to pretty much everything with these cars. Is this something I should be able to tackle myself? I'm decent with tools which is part of the reason I bought my car in the first place because I don't need a computer to diagnose issues but I haven't had to work on the wiper system of an older vehicle like this so I'm just wanting to make sure that it don't cause any damage and I'd like to know how to open it up properly. Thank you for your help if you need further information or pictures or video let me know and I will do my best to oblige as quickly as possible thank you

Others will help. There is a tool. Lay a towel on the entire hood to prepare for a possible ejection when removing. I have a gouge the size of a nickel cause i didn’t.

Sounds like the driver’s side pivot shaft is slipping, either at the pivot head to shaft or the bell crank to shaft. You will need to remove and disassemble the wiper transmission assembly and inspect. The arm slipping on the pivot head is another possibility.

Sounds like the driver’s side pivot shaft is slipping, either at the pivot head to shaft or the bell crank to shaft. You will need to remove and disassemble the wiper transmission assembly and inspect. The arm slipping on the pivot head is another possibility.
Thank you, BTW, Nice Avatar LoL

Auto Transport Service
Back