• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Procar seat mounting in 65 coronet

Rev. Mopar

Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
A friend has given me a like new set of Procar 80-1600 xx "Rave" seats. Thing is, they do not have the adjuster mechanism or the floor adapters. Scat does not specify any mounting adapters for a 1965 B body, instead they begin with the 66. I know the engine mounting location changed around that period - 66-67 - but what about the floor configuration... Will the 66 up mounting bracket work or will I have to get their universal kit and find someone to fit and weld them up?

Thanks, Rev. Mopar

I have the 80-1000 in my 67 and even with the 3 height adjustments on their mounting brackets I had to cut some 1.5" box tubing and make feet for the tracks just to get me off the floor. Im 6'1 and the seats were too low. Their tracks are nice because of the adjustability as far as tilting the lower seat up and down.

Wonder if I should just skip the mounting brackets, use the adjuster, and fabricate my own floor mounts>

Wonder if I should just skip the mounting brackets, use the adjuster, and fabricate my own floor mounts>
It would certainly work out easier. Just make sure the anchor points and materials you use are suitable ( not break or rip out in an impact). I reinforced the underside with a large square washer where I had to drill my pan.

good point. had that in mind. thanks. sadly, the correct slides will not be available until Aug.. 29. by then most of the race season is gone,

Auto Transport Service
Back