• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Production numbers

Bruce Meyer

Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1970 Roadrunner covertible, 383 automatic with factory AC, TOR Red.
Wondering what the actual production numbers were. Iv'e been told 189 and 122 but would like to know mpre precise number.

Thanks

Hagerty says
ff.JPG

That may be the best you'll get. There are "known examples", mostly compiled by one guy, who early on saw the value in documentation and literature. Many regard him as an *** hat. Chrysler Historical had a fire of some sort that destroyed the majority of the records from the height of the musclecar era. The company has had 3 owners in 2 decades, and has closed their museum.

Welcome to the forum. There's lots of good information here.
Drive your car and enjoy it.

:welcome:

Well, the best numbers I've seen over the years are 824 '70 Roadrunner convertibles. I believe 800 383's, 21 440 six packs and 3 hemis (no hemi cars known to exist & I've seen maybe 3 six pack cars). Roughly 620 of the 383's were automatics. I also believe that most of these cars did NOT have air conditioning, but the A/C cars are rated at 330hp instead of 335 and I think the engines were painted blue (?) Can you verify your engine is blue?

Well, the best numbers I've seen over the years are 824 '70 Roadrunner convertibles. I believe 800 383's, 21 440 six packs and 3 hemis (no hemi cars known to exist & I've seen maybe 3 six pack cars). Roughly 620 of the 383's were automatics. I also believe that most of these cars did NOT have air conditioning, but the A/C cars are rated at 330hp instead of 335 and I think the engines were painted blue (?) Can you verify your engine is blue?

824 would include ~658 shipped for sale in the US. The rest would be cars destined for Canada and Export cars.

Of the US cars, ~621 were 383-4, about three Hemi cars and ~34 440-6bbl cars.

A little over 16% of the US shipped cars had A/C.

Unlike '68 and '69, there is an orange 383-4bbl AC assembly in 1970.

One or two of the real four Hemi cars exist. (There are some fakes out there) I think one of the blue US cars and the purple Canada car are still around. Wes Eisenshenck is trying to get one of them (Both?) for the 69 RR display at the Minnesota Mopars in the Park this year.

Welcome from the show me state!!

Auto Transport Service
Back