• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proforged and Rockauto

E5charger

Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
I know they carried Proforged steering parts in the past, but I was just on their site and there aren't any Proforged parts listed. Has anyone heard why? The quality of Moog seems to be a hit and miss, so I was thinking of using Proforged. There are other suppliers to use, but I was curious why Rockauto would drop a complete line of products.

I used proforged last spring. The quality was good but it sure seemed as though the outside diameter on their lower control arm bushings was too large. Don't know why rockauto would drop them. They probably couldn't negotiate a lower price.

You could always ask them...

I did and this was their reply.

All items online are in-stock. If you cannot find the part using our online catalog, we do not carry it.

I know they carried Proforged steering parts in the past, but I was just on their site and there aren't any Proforged parts listed. Has anyone heard why? The quality of Moog seems to be a hit and miss, so I was thinking of using Proforged. There are other suppliers to use, but I was curious why Rockauto would drop a complete line of products.

I noticed this today actually too. Same boat!
I don't need them right yet but was thinking on buying now.

The proforged parts dried up the the pandemic hit. I saw the numbers dwindling and bought them out of a lot of parts. Summit too!

I can only imagine how much toilet paper Jeremiah has stashed away...
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt7Kh3p2FAasRoJ0ZTiFQBIayO3Ax6eduswA&usqp=CAU.jpg

It's true! And yeah we have had all of the household stuff on auto-order for years lol.

I wanted to buy Proforged through Rockauto and made a cart with all the parts I needed last year. A week ago my cart was gone. I contacted Rockauto and they told me that Proforged was sold to another company and Rockauto discontinued selling Proforged.

No looking for another cheap Proforged seller.

I wanted to buy Proforged through Rockauto and made a cart with all the parts I needed last year. A week ago my cart was gone. I contacted Rockauto and they told me that Proforged was sold to another company and Rockauto discontinued selling Proforged.

No looking for another cheap Proforged seller.
Well that sucks. Sure hope the new owner keeps the established Proforged quality. I used Proforged parts on my last 2 projects and really liked their stuff.

Here's my guess.
Quality goes to ****
New company renamed "Amateur Forged"

Don't you just love the positivity some people give on these topics?? ;)

Interesting. I just searched for the owner of Proforged and it came up Drake Automotive Group, who are big into Mustangs. Their address is on the bottom of the Proforged website. Funny thing is it was bought by them in 2018. So unless it was just sold again and isn't coming up in any searches, Rockauto's answer doesn't make sense.

Just got this answer from Proforged:

Hi Robin,
That is correct that we are no longer being sold on Rockauto.
You can still purchase our parts through Summit, Jegs, Amazon and now Holley.com.

Thanks
Tony
Proforged Sales Team
130 Cassia Way
Henderson, NV 89014
855-776-3674

www.proforged.com

Auto Transport Service
Back