• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

project Dart

Dart Mike

Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
starting the transformation to 440 rb. first got larger tires and willwood brakes,new crossmember and compleatly rebuild front end and reinforced the lower control arm

dart 62.jpg IMG-20191024-WA0001.jpg IMG-20191024-WA0003.jpg IMG-20191023-WA0003.jpg CIMG9760.JPG IMG-20191112-WA0000.jpg CIMG9772.JPG

Very cool build thread...It is not every day we get to see an early Dart......Especially, getting a 440:thumbsup:

the engine in place but just laying on the Motor mount engine brackets and insulator kit from brewer`s as you can se its pointing towards the passenger side hope it will straiten up when the 727 pushbutton transmission is lined up in the mount.next is to rebuild the 727 im going to change the 19 splines input shaft to 24 because of no converters are built for the 19 splines but you all now that of course.bought a hughes performance converter

CIMG9784.JPG CIMG9783.JPG

Last edited:
Good going, l like seeing a Mopar project going together. Keep up the great work.

the engine in place but just laying on the Motor mount engine brackets and insulator kit from brewer`s as you can se its pointing towards the driverside hope it will straiten up when the 727 pushbutton transmission is lined up in the mount.next is to rebuild the 727 im going to change the 19 splines input shaft to 24 because of no converters are built for the 19 splines but you all now that of course.bought a hughes performance converter

View attachment 887015 View attachment 887016

Dang Mike, you work fast!

The engine will be off center and at an angle. It's just the way Ma Mopar did it.

Here's my '62 build thread. Feel free to ask if you run into any questions. Keep up the good work!

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/taking-up-new-residence.114133/

Dang Mike, you work fast!

The engine will be off center and at an angle. It's just the way Ma Mopar did it.

Here's my '62 build thread. Feel free to ask if you run into any questions. Keep up the good work!

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/taking-up-new-residence.114133/
i don`t work that fast started the projekt this autum so it`s like in tv shows prefab. when living in sweden it`s take time to get parts over the sea and things get stalled you need to plan ahed and new things appear all the time your thread is realy great if a knew it before i could have
saved lot of time.brg mike

finaly i got time to dismantle the transmission,found no fault so the only thing is to rebuild it with tci parts

20200209_123902[1].jpg 20200209_123857[1].jpg

i svapped the 19 splines input shaft to 24 but ran into problem with sealant rings. couldn`t snap them over need to order new ones for 24 splines

CIMG9814.JPG

struck problem could`nt mount the transmission to the engine missing by a "hair of an inc"
need to change oil pan.found the thread max wedge pan think it`s the only way to go but what oil pickup to use.seller vansautollc got a pickup for 72$ looks like the mopar performance
P5007848 a lot cheaper $37.99 but don`t know has anyone used the parts for their cars?

CIMG9822.JPG

looking for a pan to fit without any problems and the max wedge is the probably best option height is about 1.75 where the center link is placed

pan max wedge.jpg

going to chance with the 971 much cheaper than max wedge oil pan no one has tryed it for a dart hope it fits bought one on ebay

971 pan.jpg

back on track got my 971 pan. got space between pan and centerlink

CIMG9824.JPG

started mounting trickflow heads.pistons is ross a lot less weight than original about 654 gram
camshaft is Howards roller rattler

CIMG9826.JPG

the other head with hughes roller rockers.measured the pushrod and the one who is closest is compcams 7422-16 8.710 in. Length efective 8.555

CIMG9828.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back