• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project freshen up: 1968 Charger

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:55 PM
Reaction score
So, I scraped the paint off the gold Charger with a razor blade & this is what's underneath; a heavy layer of that spray on body putty. Aroung here, they call it featherfill. I'm going for a color change & I've stripped everything out so far with the exception of the dash & drive train.

As you recall, here's what it started as when I bought it & what it looks like now...

Attachments

• DSCF7450.jpg
    DSCF7450.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,476
  • DSCF7489.jpg
    DSCF7489.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,464
  • DSCF7490.jpg
    DSCF7490.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,457
I think we can safely say you have hit the point of no return now lol. It sure looks like a super solid car. Are you still losing sleep over the new color combo?

great job...so how many razor blades?

At least a couple dozen. I used an inspection sticker scraper.

I think we can safely say you have hit the point of no return now lol. It sure looks like a super solid car. Are you still losing sleep over the new color combo?

I gues you could say that! As far as color goes, I'm leaning towards QQ1, which i think is the '68 code for B5 blue. The car is originally from AZ & I have never had a car with floorboards that were this nice.....

Attachments

• DSCF7491.jpg
    DSCF7491.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,248
Was that steering wheel refinished? It looks amazing especially for something from Arizona.

At least a couple dozen. I used an inspection sticker scraper.

I gues you could say that! As far as color goes, I'm leaning towards QQ1, which i think is the '68 code for B5 blue. The car is originally from AZ & I have never had a car with floorboards that were this nice.....

I don't know what I'd do if I had a car with floors that nice.

Was that steering wheel refinished? It looks amazing especially for something from Arizona.

Yes it was.

I don't know what I'd do if I had a car with floors that nice.

No kidding. I've never seen a floor that didn't at least have some scale on it. Even below the rear widow molding is sold.

Got a little more paint off this morning before the festivities. Nothing like a clean AZ body!

Attachments

• DSCF7499.JPG
    DSCF7499.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,184
  • DSCF7497.JPG
    DSCF7497.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,196
  • DSCF7498.JPG
    DSCF7498.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,197
Must be really nice to work on something that is really solid.are you going the full nine yards n doing the interior paint change n under body etc .you really lucked out .

That is an impressive looking body to work on RC...congrats on the find, and we all look forward to your progress :headbang:

Making a nice car even nicer.

My floorboards look like that but I guess its typical of cars from the central valley of california.

Got the rest of the RH fender, half of the cowl, decklid & dutchman panel stipped this aftenoon. So far, I've got about 9 hours into D/A'ing & the car is just about half done. Looking to get the tail, LR quarter & if I feel ambitious, the hood done tomorrow.

Auto Transport Service
Back