• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Rat Rod V code 70 Charger R/T is about to begin.

Looks good! All you need now to top it off is my '70 NOS wood steering wheel...

I have gotten myself into trouble with a Sixpack, without the Budweiser! The NOS steering wheel would certainly be a nice addition to the project! The budget is tapped out until after the holidays! What's your price on the wheel?

Glad you decided to keep it and enjoy it as it is and fix it up as you go.

Glad you decided to keep it and enjoy it as it is and fix it up as you go.
I was going to let it go, because the idea of having a Hellcat Challenger, and one less car to build was appealing, but once I fixed the areas of the car that needed attention to get the car ready to sell,I looked at the car,and decided that with the work I did to it,and the parts I have, it wouldn't take much to just put the car together. Then I had a few beers one night during an episode of Roadkill, and said, what the hell, I am just going to put the car together and drive it! The Hellcat Challenger I want to get is only going to get more affordable the longer I wait. There are plenty of them to choose from, 70 Sixpack Chargers, not so much!

I would never get rid of my old classics for a newer Challenger even if a Hellcat. Even though I have a newer one also. As impressive as Hellcats are they keep coming down in price.

Im in the same boat...I really want a hellcat Challenger, but they are depreciating at about $500 per month so I will be patient.

I really do love driving my 6 speed 2010 B5 Challenger SRT8. I can only imagine whats the hellcat is like

We have a B5 Challenger R/T classic that we bought new in 2009,so I have one to drive too. I will wait and sell off some other projects. I hope all is going well with your health.

When I lost my mind, and decided to put this car together and drive it,I figured that I could put the car together for a few grand and make it roadworthy, and I am quickly learning that it is going to take 5 to 7 grand, not counting the car,the engine, and all the parts I already have. Doing the math on what the car stands me,the value of the parts I already have, and the parts I need to put it together, it will be a thirty grand adventure, when it is a running driving car, without any body or paint work,and chrome bright work.

I could have told you that months ago!

If you read the thread, you will see that I didn't drill the trunklid. I had another one that was already drilled for a wing. The original California trunklid is still on the car. I like a go wing on a 70,but not on a 68 or 69 as they were not available on those cars from the factory.

I stand corrected, but it still doesn't belong on it.

upload_2019-12-12_10-10-54.jpeg

When you are around, I will have to swap out the trunklid to your liking sir! Maybe I should use four hood pins like the A12 cars did, then I could swap out the trunklids quickly! Anyone can have a liftoff hood Sixpack car, but I will have the only liftoff trunk Sixpack car! Lol I can BS everyone into thinking that it was a very rare factory option for 70 Sixpack Chargers! Ain't no junk in the trunk!

Last edited:
Today I am going to assemble the front seats. I already installed the burnt orange Legendary seat covers, and added extra foam to bolster the sides,and beef up the bottom cushion. I painted the seatbacks already as well as the hinge covers. They should go together well.

Today I am going to assemble the front seats. I already installed the burnt orange Legendary seat covers, and added extra foam to bolster the sides,and beef up the bottom cushion. I painted the seatbacks already as well as the hinge covers. They should go together well.

Not going to be a rat rod if you are painting things to look better. Lol.

At this time, it's going to get a nice interior, and mechanicals,but no shiny paint! I'm leaning towards putting 15 inch torque thrust wheels on it with orange spokes to go with the white and orange scheme.

I went out to the garage, and went into the loft,and sometimes I just forget what I have bought for what car! I have bought doubles and sometimes triples of parts for the same car. Well true to my form,If I have extra parts I usually buy another project car to use them on! About two years ago, a friend of mine wanted to sell a plum crazy purple 70 Charger R / T from California, so I couldn't resist buying the car, and the price was very reasonable considering the current market for second generation Chargers, especially an R/T. So I knew that I had a rechromed original console pistol grip handle, but when I opened the box it was in,I found another new console pistol grip handle, It does not have Hurst stamped into the handle, so it is obviously a reproduction, but it's new,with new grips and bezel, and I will use it in the other R/T. I thought the one I am going to use in the white car was being robbed from the purple car,but there was another one! Sweet! There was also a 69 console NOS B body 4 speed shifter handle that I forgot about buying from a friend of mine years ago at the Englishtown Mopar show! What a great day! I also found the correct shifter box for a 70 B body, the upper and lower shifter boots brand new,and several sets of grips and hardware too! I also found clutch and brake pedals, and a nice set of black wrinkle Mopar Performance valve covers too!
20191214_142745.jpg
20191214_142737.jpg
20191214_142730.jpg

One more picture
20191214_150050.jpg
I feel like Christmas came early, it's like going shopping in my own garage! As I said before though, between the parts I have, and the parts I need, it will easily be a 15k adventure to get this car roadworthy! And that's what I paid for the parts,over years of buying them,it would probably be 20k if I had to buy them in the current market!

Last edited:
These are the seats,the burnt orange interior is sweet when it is fresh. I am going to finish assembling the front seats,and the rear seat is already done. I am going to use Herbs burnt orange interior paint to dye all the trim peices, starting with original burnt orange interior pieces, but due to fading they are all different shades of burnt orange, so the dye will make them uniform in color. Most Mopar interiors that are colors other than black or white, usually have multiple shades of the color, that's what I am trying to avoid by dying everything the same shade. I think the burnt orange interior is really going to pop with the white exterior of the car!
20191214_160329.jpg
20191214_160340.jpg
20191214_160344.jpg
20191214_160353.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back