• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proper flat u-bolts

Smokinnjokin

Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Going through my suspension, trying to locate the proper u-bolts with flattened section around where it hits axle tube. Standard length 8-3/4” axle, 3” tubes, standard springs and u-bolt length. I didn’t see any on summit but the must be for sale...
Andrew

mancini racing is the only source I have found

Or National Moparts, Nigel has the correct source...
beerestoration2017 467.JPG

Thanks all for the links. It does appear that everyone is reselling the amk products version.

Some vendors sell a more generic style of U-Bolts that do not have the flatten portion with the cross hatching. Most spring shops and drive line shops that builds or reconditions leaf springs will sell a U-Bolt that will work, but will not be a duplicate to the factory piece. Typically, you will pay less for this piece.

I posted the link to the AMK site as it does not take much to put together $30 for their minimum order. And for those who are looking for those nit picky pieces that are difficult to locate they offer a great service to the restoration market place. Personally, when you can purchase OEM hardware that is brand new and not fatigued, pitted up or needing to be refinished, the answer is pretty easy.

Auto Transport Service
Back