• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proportioning valve placement

Potshot

Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
I'm mocking up my brake master and proportioning valve on my 67 Charger and I'm wondering "how close is too close" ?
I suppose I can probably put some kind of shielding here, but I can't be the only person using this setup. This is with a 440, am I going to have problems with heat?

PXL_20220925_152734217.jpg

Are you able to mount it on the other side of the Master? Looks like it's set up for either side

Are you able to mount it on the other side of the Master? Looks like it's set up for either side
Doubtful, it's super tight over there.

That heat shield is something I can see myself doing even I give up on this proportioning valve. It doesn't look like it will do anything for the proportioning valve though.

On my '67 Coronet, I've got room for days between headers and master cylinder, and the lines exit on fender side at a 90° going down to distribution block. And there is plenty of room on that side also. Is that Wilwood master offset towards the engine?

On my '67 Coronet, I've got room for days between headers and master cylinder, and the lines exit on fender side at a 90° going down to distribution block. And there is plenty of room on that side also. Is that Wilwood master offset towards the engine?
The master isn't offset, but I am using the outlets on the engine side because there is no room on fender side. Yeah I'm sticking with the stock intake for now, it sure made things easy when I had to replace the starter. I may just plumb one of these into the rear line and send this black Wilwood proportioning valve and kit back.

PXL_20220925_215023626.MP.jpg

I have one of those universal brackets and am going to mount the same Wilwood valve to the bottom with the adjustment knob sticking out.

The master isn't offset, but I am using the outlets on the engine side because there is no room on fender side. Yeah I'm sticking with the stock intake for now, it sure made things easy when I had to replace the starter. I may just plumb one of these into the rear line and send this black Wilwood proportioning valve and kit back.

View attachment 1348268
I don't race in any way, I just use a stock distribution block for front disc, rear drum from Dr Diff, it mounts low on the frame, stock lines work with it. My brakes work perfectly, just as Ma Mopar designed them. Pressure due to different bore, manufacturer of m/c is irrelevant, a distribution block will send the appropriate amount based on orifice size where it needs to go.

I ended up getting a bracket and modifying it to fit how I wanted. Not perfect but it'll be functional, serviceable and keeps the valve usable but out of the way.

PXL_20221020_230054500.jpg

I ended up flipping the bracket around I believe and put it on the other side. I liked it a lot like this.

7577933E-0F9D-42D1-95C3-445132CD9C83.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back