• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pros and cons of multiple hobby cars

Runner71

Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
As topic.

Bought my first muscle car 5 years ago a 71 RR and am hungry for the Coronet RT/Superbee 68-69. but I do not think I'm ready to sell the 71 either.

What do you say, you who have several muscle cars?:popcorn:

You can only drive 1 at a time, but that doesn't stop most of us...
1648916987757270384621789925631.jpg

Muscle cars? I have 2 I wouldn't consider muscle. I don't drive either one enough. I really only need one but which one should I keep? I might sell both and look for a nice 64 Dodge. That might be my last one before they take my license away.
LMAO
10-18-19d.jpg 052.JPG

Last edited:
205398-1280615036-5a3eb72b634a30aea533237bd66d11a6.jpg

Not a problem for me! I also have a 63 that's in my avatar! I just like having them all and like you don't want to sell any right now.

For me it is just being able to enjoy the early b body and the 3rd gen Charger which in my opinion would not be here without the early b body that the platform is based on. I have previously owned several early b bodies and of course wish I knew then what I know now.
My Charger is only the 2nd one for me and I still miss the 71 Charger that really made me love the 3rd gen Charger. Just my opinion and experience and that’s all. :thumbsup::luvplace:

Do it man, I had the itch for a bee too. My plymouth is good to go, nice to have it to drive while I put 110% into the 69.
20210907_174532.jpg

Consider it investing.

Inflation has caused the price of basic building materials to skyrocket. US Dollar will fall even faster with Countries going to Gold backed currencies for oil. So convert Dollars into something that will hold or even increase in value.

Prices for old Mopars have jumped to alarming levels at auction. They have not been made for 50 years now and attrition means even less available. Investors are probably partly responsible for price increases.

Mom used to want me to clean up the backyard of the old junky cars in the backyard until I showed her how much they were worth as is. That was awhile ago, they are worth even more now.

As topic.

Bought my first muscle car 5 years ago a 71 RR and am hungry for the Coronet RT/Superbee 68-69. but I do not think I'm ready to sell the 71 either.

What do you say, you who have several muscle cars?:popcorn:

Disposable income and time, those are the two determining factors for me.

I started out with one, a 1970 GTX that was my daily driver in the '70s. By the 1990s, I had two for daily drivers, a 1966 Imperial, a 1991 Turbo Stealth, and on weekends I drove a 1960 Chrysler 300F. I would have had more if my finances had allowed. Now that I'm old, I've cut back to one vintage Mopar, a 1968 Hemi GTX. I parted with two 440 GTXs to acquire the Hemi, and at this point in my life, I'm happier with just the one.

70 GTX.jpgMy first GTX, 1977, still have the same wife Hemi GTX keith.jpg The Hemi, 2021

I think one of the bonuses of having a second (or more!) car , is if you’ve hit an impasse , or are getting frustrated with one - you can go drive the other
I’ve had my 67 Belvedere since the 80s and a while ago I rescued a 64 Belvedere from the crusher
The 64 is hard to get parts for (in Canada) but it’s coming together and I’ve recycled some of the drivetrain from the 67 as it’s been upgraded
Really you cant have too many!
Good luck finding the next one

Seems like when you get into a hobby, stuff you have related to it starts to grow. So one car becomes 2, then 3 etc.
Can get burdensome, keeping up with them all. Rarely does a car not need something.
I heard advice once never have more than one project car at a time. Probably good advice. We see these barn find stories all the time where somebody has a bunch of rare but not drivable cars stashed away. Gonna restore it someday!
Not doing anyone any good doing that. Not the owner, not his family, and not the car which deserves a good caretaker who will restore it and take out to shows to share with others.

I have always had multiple projects going, they all have different personalities:).
Enjoy them while you can!

Last edited:
Well, thats pretty much where my mind is and the 71 is "finished" or never but as good as i care to make it - also in pretty decent shape for it's 51 years so I need a car I can work on otherswise im gonna keep tuning stuff thats already good. And I wanna drive and enjoy them not just look at them:D

Last edited:
I have 6 classics. My New Yorker and my Charger R/T S.E. are my drivers. Other than changing the oil. I haven't hardly turned a wrench on the Charger since I rebuilt and installed the new 446". My other Charger, Roached Runner, and Belvedere and my Challenger street strip car always have some work to be done.

I form to much of an attachment. I bought my 427 Corvette in 1988 and did a complete restoration. I bought my 67 GTX in 2002 and did a lot of work on it. About 8 years later I started building a 427 Cobra replica and then a year ago I got a 66 Satellite and spent a year sorting it out. I don’t see myself getting rid of anything. I like working on them. I drive them when I can. I’ll let our heirs deal with them eventually.

Last edited:
1 old car = 1 problem.
2 old cars = 2 problems.
3 old cars = 3 problems.
4 old cars = 4 problems.
etc., etc., etc. .............

I had 4 at one time, but am now down to 2. A lot of it depends on what stage of life you are at too. I bought all of mine in the '80's, when cars in good shape were not yet crazy prices. I could still go to local junk yards and find parts. I would not want to start a project now.

I have 4, only 1 running right now. Better to only have 1 project at a time I agree, but at least keep 1 running so you don't forget how much fun they are!

Auto Transport Service
Back