• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proud Mopar Owner

MaxWedgeWagon

Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
Proud new Mopar owner from Colorado. I run John's 4x4 in Boulder and have been a Mopar fan for years but never owned one other than sweptline pickups. I have had a 440 in my garage for 6 years waiting for the right B Body!

Picked up a mostly together 1970 Coronet Wagon. Bought it sight unseen and had it shipped from South Dakota. Been looking nationwide for a 68-70 Wagon for a few years now, constantly on Craigslist or Facebook (my wife is happy I finally found one). While I would love a Roadrunner or Superbee, my family and English Mastiff I haul around swayed me to the rare wagons.

Few pictures show after I stripped the carpet out and cleaned her up to get a game plan. The entire underside of the car is super stout. However the quarters, tailgate and a few other small spots on the exterior body need alot of attention. If anyone has a lead on a 70 front valance, I would be very interested as mine has been put in a ditch by the looks of it. The offroader in me couldn't resist putting it on the RTI flex ramp, surprisingly does better than any of the new 2500 trucks.

Looking to do a 440 stroked to 500 With Max Wedge Heads and a 4l80e trans. Somewhat modernized suspension to make a fun daily driver and kid hauler.

Time to get after it!

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 9.19.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 9.20.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 9.20.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 9.20.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 9.20.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 9.22.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 9.22.35 PM.png

Welcome from Alabama, pictures with your post, more points.

Coronet 500 wagon. I bet a 500 is pretty rare. Going to put the woodgrain back on? You don't see many of those left any more!

Welcome from Illinois!! Per your plan, that will make a great ride!

Welcome from the Lone Star State.

Good choice. Great plan. Good luck and look forward to seeing the end result!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Looks to be a really solid, 70 Coronet 500 Wagon
with some surface rust & lots of 'patina'

good luck with the 440 swap, should be fun

a lot of US here like trucks Jeeps & 4x4s too, you should fit right in

there is a trucks sister site below too
maybe check that out too, but this is a really more active forum

Last edited:
Thank you gentleman! Not a fan of the wood grain, Also not a fan of removing it! Tried a few things over the weekend, looks like it will require some serious elbow grease.

I am torn between painting the whole car or clearing over the patina. I plan on removing the lower trim but keeping the upper trim on the fenders, doors and such. I think it would be cool to have patina on the top side and factory B3 blue on the lower. Using the upper trim as the paint line splitting patina from Paint.

Nice SUV of yesterday.

Nice FM converter.

Factory AC.

What was original engine?

I'll guess 383-2 (VIN code "L" for 1970)

6 pass or 9 pass?

I actually like the blue with wood.

Looks good with that front wheel dropped up in the wheel well and the back end up a bit, but something tells me you're gonna go for more ground clearance.

Nice SUV of yesterday.

Nice FM converter.

Factory AC.

What was original engine?

I'll guess 383-2 (VIN code "L" for 1970)

6 pass or 9 pass?

I actually like the blue with wood.

Looks good with that front wheel dropped up in the wheel well and the back end up a bit, but something tells me you're gonna go for more ground clearance.

Factory AC and it Blows Cold, Blew my mind. The Controls are pretty rough but hey it works. The original engine is a 318, I wish it were a 383. Factory 2.56 gears, absolute dog... but once you hit 70 it cruises.

Its a 9 passenger and both rear seats are in great condition. Missing the plastic covers for the hinges on the middle row. otherwise perfect.

You are mistaken if you think this car is going for ground clearance. Gotta make it handle and not feel like a yacht somehow.

Auto Transport Service
Back