• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PRW Waterpump Connections

pturner

Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
I have installed a March pulley setup and they furnished a PRW aluminum water pump. There are two small NPT ports. This is on a 440 Big Block. Both ports are 3/4" NPT. One is closer to the thermostat housing and the other further away. I also have installed a Classic Air AC system. It has an electric control water valve to be installed on the heater circuit. Classic tells me the valve should be installed in the line from the heater core going back to the water pump, therefore holding water in the core, but not allowing flow when it is closed.
PRW is not much help. They think the port closer to the thermostat should be the supply port to the heater core. I also have no hot water flowing to the core even when the valve opens. The control system is actually turning the valve open and closed
I know the water pump does not develop much "Pressure", but makes flow instead. There has to be some pressure drop or there will be no flow.
Has anyone used one of these pumps and could shed some light on my problem?
Maybe these ports are as the original pumps ports?
Thanks for any help or advise.
thanks
PT in Tennessee

Auto Transport Service
Back