• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA: Don't Text & Drive

Joeladam02

Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
New York City by way of Western Pennsylvania
Heartbreaking, to say the least. The car was stopped and hit by a distracted driver.
Another one bites the dust...Looking like a total loss.
If anyone knows of a body shop in Pennsylvania/Ohio/New York area with a 1970 B-Body jig, please let me know. Otherwise, this one might end up becoming a parts car.
Thanks in advance.

20210919_155552.jpg 20210919_155559.jpg 20210919_155614.jpg 20210919_155648.jpg

That's a really bad day! Sorry for your loss. After the dust settles, post your experience with your insurance company. Hopefully you have Hagerty Insurance. It would be good to know if you get the run around on "value".

Dang !!! I hate to see that.

We were hit this year on the way home from Carlisle.
Same thing. Guy was on his phone in the rain and didn't notice that traffic was stopped. Caused a 4 car pile up and ruined my best friend's Honda Civic. No one was seriously injured.

I hope that someone repairs that beautiful muscle car

This is why I don't drive my three old cars nearly as often as I'd like to. I'm far less worried about traffic on State highways than I am just driving to a Cars-n-Coffee across town, or normal Interstate driving.

Yes, unexpected slow downs or stops on freeway happen a lot here. Good way to get whacked by the self-absorbed.

Thank heavens you're mostly ok...:praying:

My wife and I play a game when we're driving somewhere sometimes....
ok, more like I play a game and she has to listen to me. :)
I look into other cars we encounter and see how many of them are holding cell phones
while driving (illegal in this state now, even for "voice") and announce "PHONE" every
time I see one.
The percentages are downright scary...:(:(

Man that really sucks. Looked like a beautiful car. Glad you made it out with your life. I don’t know if I’d be able to stop myself from beating this **** out of someone who hit my car.

These parts, even Granny is on the phone. In Florida it’s low life’s without air conditioning. Nobody goes when the light finally turns green. Especially at the 3 second left turn arrows. Lucky to get 2 cars through.

These parts, even Granny is on the phone. In Florida it’s low life’s without air conditioning. Nobody goes when the light finally turns green. Especially at the 3 second left turn arrows. Lucky to get 2 cars through.
Yup. The guy or gal holding up traffic on the phone goes when honked... and everyone else has to wait til the next light. Happens at every left turn light.

Yes, unexpected slow downs or stops on freeway happen a lot here. Good way to get whacked by the self-absorbed.
Get an attorney and go after them for full replacement of the car in todays world, not low blue book. Plus medical.

Damn that sucks. Hate to hear you got hurt as well. I was looking at a car last year for sale that looked just like yours and almost bought it so I feel for you. Hopefully you are well compensated and can fix the car.

Sorry to hear that, was a beautiful car! Glad you made it out relatively unscathed!

Heartbreaking, to say the least. The car was stopped and hit by a distracted driver.
Another one bites the dust...Looking like a total loss.
If anyone knows of a body shop in Pennsylvania/Ohio/New York area with a 1970 B-Body jig, please let me know. Otherwise, this one might end up becoming a parts car.
Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1170809 View attachment 1170810 View attachment 1170811 View attachment 1170812

Damn! I need a "parts car" like that one...

Easily fixable with modern frame machines and AMD sheetmetal.

All you need is $$$$

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Still looking for the right body shop.

Damn! I need a "parts car" like that one...

Easily fixable with modern frame machines and AMD sheetmetal.

All you need is $$$$

I guess my concern is twofold.
First will it be cost prohibitive to repair it? We're not talking about a 1 of 1 hemi car with some special VIN code that was blessed by the Pope as it rolled off of the assembly line at the 11th hour of St. Moparian's last best factory before a meteor struck it and destroyed everything but the memories of what once was. It was originally just a plain jane dark green 318 Sport Satellite cloned to a B5 blue Road Runner. Albeit, a very very nice representation of one. But, it probably wouldn't really make sense to spend crazy money on rebuilding and repairing it.
Secondly, even if it did turn out to be affordable to straighten it, I'm a little concerned that it would never really drive straight again...it's pretty buckled where the quarter meets the back window pillars and trunk, all the way up to the front grille...
Maybe I'm over-reacting on the severity though...I'm definitely not a frame and body guy.

20210919_012020.jpg 20210919_012152.jpg

First off - glad you are ok as you said, it could have been way worse.

Secondly - "We're not talking about a 1 of 1 hemi car with some special VIN code that was blessed by the Pope as it rolled off of the assembly line at the 11th hour of St. Moparian's last best factory before a meteor struck it and destroyed everything but the memories of what once was."

That was pure gold.

I wouldn't be so concerned with it dog-tailing once fixed - if it's done right at the right shop.

Auto Transport Service
Back