• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PST Disc Brake Conversion including Mopar Style Booster

PST

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
MoparDBKDBK1.jpg

With a new year comes new products to keep your special Mopar on the road. Performance Suspension Technology now has the disc brake conversion kit for the purest of Mopar enthusiasts. Benefit from the stop power of disc brakes on your B or E bodies Mopar while retaining that vintage period correct look. The new kit features:
• Bendix trapezoidal nose that accepts the 4 point mount master cylinder.
• Cast Iron Bendix style Disc/Drum master cylinder
• Brake firewall reinforcement plate
• Proportioning valve
• Complete at the wheel disc brake conversion kit.
PST’s power brake booster looks, fits, and functions like the original Mopar B & E bodies boosters of the late 60’s and early 70’s. Until now there were only three options.
• Installing that ugly GM looking style booster under the hood of your Mopar
• Having yours rebuilt
• Buying a remanufactured booster with an expensive core charge
For information call 1-800-247-2288 or visit www.p-s-t.com.

Kit Price $1059

Good job James. Very Nice. You now have the only kit I know of on the market that holds the factory appearance under the hood and is a true bolt on to factory kit for someone looking to upgrade from power drums to power disc up front. Manual conversions will be a breeze as well. If I wouldn't have already spent months piecing and parting mine together to finally come up with what you have there, I would be the first one to buy one off you.

Nice, I plan on upgrading my BEE in the spring.

Is this the #DBKDOD623 shown on your website?

go ahead and put one back for me James :)

will the proportioning valve work with 10 1/2 or 11" or both?

Is it adjustable or fixed prop valve?

The one that we supply with the kit is a fixed valve. The kit comes with 11" rotors

Thanks
James

Yes it should work with either size.

Thanks
James

Is this kit made by The Right Stuff like your standard one, or are you making it? Does it use Chevy pads?

Yes it should work with either size.

Thanks
James

James, can you check the the tech guys to see if the system and specifically the proportioning valve been tested on a b-body? If so what size rear brakes were tested 10" or 11" or both? I thought front / rear proportioning was a little more precise than "should work".

Anyone ... can you offer any feedback on if there is a diff in the proportioning valve if a car has all 10" brakes and the back ones are changed to 11" or visa-versa? My 70 RR currently has manual 11" brakes all around. I'm asking because i would think the 11" would have more stopping power than 10" and probably come in sooner/different rate of stopping power than a smaller rear brake size with the same size (this 11" disc set up) front brakes so that is what is driving my question. Not trying to be difficult just trying to understand before I buy.

TallHair,

Any question is a good question IMO. The Prop valve will work for 10 or 11" brakes. Are you currently running drum or disc in the back? Traditionally Mopars ran the same size drums front and rear but the shoe width was large in the the front as the majority of the braking is done with the front. The prop valve that we supply is a mopar style unit that was used in the 60's and 70's. The prop valve that we supply when you do our converstion has a residual valve built in to the rear this to keep an ever so slight pressure on the cups of the rear wheel cylinders to prevent leaks.

The prop valve distributes pressure to the fluid it does not control how much fuild is in the system. So if you have 10 in drums with X size wheel cylinder or 11" drums with X size wheel cylinders. Once the system is bled the prop valve only distributes the fluid pressure because it is a closed system. Sorry if this is confusing but it is hard for me to explain through words and not in person

Thanks
James

TallHair,

Any question is a good question IMO. The Prop valve will work for 10 or 11" brakes. Are you currently running drum or disc in the back? Traditionally Mopars ran the same size drums front and rear but the shoe width was large in the the front as the majority of the braking is done with the front. The prop valve that we supply is a mopar style unit that was used in the 60's and 70's. The prop valve that we supply when you do our converstion has a residual valve built in to the rear this to keep an ever so slight pressure on the cups of the rear wheel cylinders to prevent leaks.

The prop valve distributes pressure to the fluid it does not control how much fuild is in the system. So if you have 10 in drums with X size wheel cylinder or 11" drums with X size wheel cylinders. Once the system is bled the prop valve only distributes the fluid pressure because it is a closed system. Sorry if this is confusing but it is hard for me to explain through words and not in person

Thanks
James

thanks for taking the time with me James. You have answered my question. I just wanted to be certain the was a bolt in for my 70 and that i wouldn't have problems with the front/rear proportioning. I have manual 11" drum brakes now front and rear and plan to install your pwr disc set-up up front.

thanks again,

Bryan

Auto Transport Service
Back