• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pt number / source for edelbrock fuel inlet fitting

gtx6970

Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know of a source for the fitting that screws into an edlebrock so i can use my stock prebent fuel lines.

Carb has a barb fitting on it now and runner hose.....which must go away.

Edelbrock # 8090 Don't choke when you see the price !

I found them on eBay more reasonably priced than I expected. Just have to look a bit and make sure you are getting the right thread. 1st one I ordered the seller sent me one for a Holley by mistake, but did take it back.

Did it have a Carter on it when you bought it? If so, you could remove the fuel fitting off the Carter and install it on the Edelbrock. That’s what I did for the years I ran an Edelbrock on my GTX.

edit: I think I misread your post. Appears it came with an Edelbrock with a barb fitting. I think any AFB or AVS fuel inlet fitting will screw in place of the barb fitting.

Did it have a Carter on it when you bought it? If so, you could remove the fuel fitting off the Carter and install it on the Edelbrock. That’s what I did for the years I ran an Edelbrock on my GTX.

edit: I think I misread your post. Appears it came with an Edelbrock with a barb fitting. I think any AFB or AVS fuel inlet fitting will screw in place of the barb fitting.

The carb's inlet fitting is USUALLY a male inverted flare type but COULD be 5/16" or 3/8" line size. Likewise the carb's inlet fitting thread size, both diameter and threads/inch is specific to the carb's model.....and easy to cross thread...
BOB RENTON

Sorry for the late reply. been in the garage a lot since this one came home.

But , Yes . It has an edelbrock carb on it and I dont have the orig.
Ive ordered a new 5/16 fuel line and want to put the correct fitting in the carb to accept it

Auto Transport Service
Back