• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulled another one out of the swamp.....

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
Guys, drug another turd home today.....thought I might be good for parts but its rough, should I have just left it to be swallowed up, was just a plain jane grama 's car. I don't think it is of any value.....opinions please.

IMG_0325.jpg IMG_0324.jpg

An SPCA of mopars.. I can relate.:eek:

Guys, drug another turd home today.....thought I might be good for parts but its rough, should I have just left it to be swallowed up, was just a plain jane grama 's car. I don't think it is of any value.....opinions please.

View attachment 1229845 View attachment 1229846
Nice find. I think someone was advertising some tags and dash VIN for a HEMI car...... :lol:

How bad is the rust?
Same question. From the pics it doesn't look terrible. Framerails, roof, rockers? They make all the sheetmetal for it. I really like the wheel mounding and chrome.

Hell if you say that car is in bad shape you should see some of the junk around here they want stupid money for. Its hard to find something worthy of building. The only good car I found was one I got from Jerry Hall. It was rough looking but 90% solid. I had another 66 prior that was a complete rust bucket. Worst I have ever seen. But the doors and a few other parts were usable on the car I got from Jerry. That car looks decent from the pictures. And it looks complete.

I started digging into a bit some yesterday and found trunk pan, at least front floor pan all rusted out. Quarter panels possible could be patched. Bench seat, front and rear intact but rotted and rusted. Steering column missing. Passenger side glass shot out. Has the small, 7 1/4 ?, rear end. Good news, there was a 8 3/4 , minus pumpkin , stuck in the trunk, which I have been looking for. Will measure it today to see what its from. Also inside was the plastic interior panels, rear tail lights from a 72 Challenger that are usable. If I spent $5k on new sheetmetal, and did all the labor installing it myself, what would it be worth, $5k ?. Now after watching all the fun Chris Birdsong and his bud had with Super Beater, Im thinking this could be my RR wannabe Beater.....just pondering...

"I don't think it is of any value" you say? :D

The best thing is it looks like it's all there. Something I like to look for.
I've seen people start with worse.

Nice score. Patch it together and drive it as is... Save them all. I saved my Roached Runner from getting scrapped. It was given to me for free just to get rid of it. It is now a super sleeper. Built 383, headers, 2 stage NOS plate, 10" 3500 convertor, 4:88 gears with spool, widened steelies and 275 drag radials.

20210530_143335.jpg 20210530_143327.jpg 20210530_123505.jpg 20210530_123448.jpg 20210805_201646.jpg

Can you guys school a newbie on understanding trim levels? Ok, as I understand things, a Belvedere , a Satellite , a Road Runner , a GTX are ALL the same body within the same year model, with just different levels of trim applied and engine\drivetrain options. Correct ? Is the Coronet in the Dodge lineup also this exact main body style , with different grills and tail panels ?

Ok, so now I learned they made a Sport Satellite , so was that still another trim level,drivetrain option and where can I find info in comparing a Sport to a regular, thanks all.......

Can you guys school a newbie on understanding trim levels? Ok, as I understand things, a Belvedere , a Satellite , a Road Runner , a GTX are ALL the same body within the same year model, with just different levels of trim applied and engine\drivetrain options. Correct ? Is the Coronet in the Dodge lineup also this exact main body style , with different grills and tail panels ?

Ok, so now I learned they made a Sport Satellite , so was that still another trim level,drivetrain option and where can I find info in comparing a Sport to a regular, thanks all.......
Yes.

Auto Transport Service
Back