• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulled some Kelsey Hayes calipers PN# KH 86166 off the car

Snook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
I decided to pull the calipers off the 1966 Coronet before it heads off to bodywork & paint. Obviously these are not original - it was a surprise that the car even had disc brakes. I'm replacing the whole front end with another one I'm building. Anyway... Are the KH 86166 calipers worth something to someone, or do I round file them? I'm going to sell the disc brake setup on there right now, so should I keep them with the setup? These are not run as-is surely but may be good rebuild candidates if they are desirable (gut says not).

snook

20200208_145537.jpg

Believe the 86166 is the single piston used on '70 RR and Birds.. I'll have to crawl under and take a look when I'm in the shop, couldn't find a picture in my clean up file showing a casting number.

I believe KH86166 were found on E & B body 71 thru ?
KH80012 were found on 1970 E & B body's

I'd suggest that if your intent is to "sell the disc brake setup" that the calipers are an
integral part of said setup...

Whoever buys it is welcome to all the parts that come off it. I'll just stash them for now.

Thanks, snook

Auto Transport Service
Back