• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Purchase a New Pickup truck 2021 GMC

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Pops trade in his older pickup for a 2021 GMC Serria 1500 Duramax diesel
8A75ED4B-C523-4CFF-9BE0-591E8B3D5493.jpeg
F1B47056-DB95-4F08-949B-DABE6757D808.jpeg
111550F7-BACB-4E84-9C0E-C18045552D45.jpeg
A8993738-19AB-4B4F-88B7-AC1E6E1646B1.jpeg

Good for him
I hope he's happy with it too
personally
& no offense to the purchaser Pop's Pop

I just don't like the grill or front end
on either of the
newer Fords or Chevy/GMC's
way too blocky/square-ish

just me

I really like GMC trucks, well built and reliable! Like Ironbuilt said, I didn't think you could get the Duramax in a 1500 series. 440'

Congratulations Pops. I didn't know that you could get the Duramax in the 1/2 ton.
All brands now have a 1/2 ton diesel. Ford n Dodge have V6 diesel n the Chevy Duramax is inline 6. All are 3.0 liter.

I found the Duramax very interesting. So I’m back in the diesel seat. Going to order the tech service Manual and do a little reading.

Very nice, Congratulations!!

Pops congratulations and i have to tell you to get the extended warranty for transmission. Gm is having lots of issues with that big boy trans failing.
Are you talking about the 10 speed that GM and Ford both use??

I purchased a 2020 with the 3.0 litre diesel last December.. So far its the best truck I have ever had... The new Diesel is a treat to drive and tow with...

All brands now have a 1/2 ton diesel. Ford n Dodge have V6 diesel n the Chevy Duramax is inline 6. All are 3.0 liter.
There is also a 2.8 Liter diesel used in the smaller GM vehicles. It is used in the Colorado, not sure what else...

Congrats, B! So ill ax the obvious question...why not a Ram Eco Diesel?

I have a buddy his son has that model, he's having transmission problems. At slow starts lagging Bucking at varying speeds. it's Been to dealership on 3 occasion with little satisfaction.

Congrats, B! So ill ax the obvious question...why not a Ram Eco Diesel?
The reviews/comparisons show the GM Duramax better all the way around. There's a reason Ram uses an inline 6 Cummins. And for the life of me cannot figure out why they went V6. GM went inline 6 on the Duramax. Inline 6 always has better "bottom" end torque.

Auto Transport Service
Back