• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Purchased new leaf springs

Doug Larsson

Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
I purchased new leaf springs for my 73 Charger SE looks prett straight forward installing them any tips or tricks I need to know before tackling this beast ?

IMG_1618.JPG

Look nice:thumbsup: where did you get them?

I normally will jack up the rear till there is no load on the rear shackles, disconnect them then lower the rear so the springs are clear of the rear bumper/valance. Remove one side and replace, then do the other. Jack it back up and connect the rear shackles with NEW bushings.

ESPO for the win! I posted in your other thread on the subject.

Super stock type springs have a slightly differnt arch left to right, could account for the difference.

Spray all nuts, bolts, shackles with penetrating oil... Go have a drink... come back the next day, spray again... Have a drink.. on the 3rd day after spraying liberally again THEN you may be ready to tackle this task.

Spray all nuts, bolts, shackles with penetrating oil... Go have a drink... come back the next day, spray again... Have a drink.. on the 3rd day after spraying liberally again THEN you may be ready to tackle this task.
Yep way ahead of ahead of you sir lol.

IMG_1619.JPG

Stock height or +1? Look forward to see how it sits with them.

That's amazing, their price has not changed in 6 years since I purchased mine!
I purchased all new bolts nuts u bolts and nuts the iso pads it all came to$491.00 $100.00 of it is shipping so I thought it was a great deal. I think when I priced Eaton it was like$760.00 for the same stuff.

So I'm disassembling my leaf springs everything is going great then I run into this problem. The bolt is hitting the frame I can't pull the leaf spring out. Is my only option going to be to find a way to Houdini cut that that should be fun.

20181226_145126.jpg

They are installed like that for a reason, Safety. You will need to remove the hanger from the frame and lower it to change out the spring.

So I'm disassembling my leaf springs everything is going great then I run into this problem. The bolt is hitting the frame I can't pull the leaf spring out. Is my only option going to be to find a way to Houdini cut that that should be fun.

View attachment 695970
I’m in the process of doing a refresh on my rear axle & leaf springs. You can remove the spring hanger from the body bracket-4 nuts to the rear. For safety, make sure the rear axle is supported if still in place.....Jim

1E2C3BD4-DF4E-481C-9CB1-837F1A7828A8.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back