• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Push rods

Just looking over my bill from Chicago connection and it doesn’t say a brand but it says they are 8.950” 3/8 and a .083 wall. Give them a call and see what they say bill is a big time mopar guy.

I have used Trend in the last 2 engines and like them. Awsome company to deal with too.

I have INDY pushrods and have absolutely no trouble with them. They are $225, plus UPS for a set.
Just make sure you get the right length.
My motor is a stroker motor that I shift at 6300 1-2 and 6200 2-3 and go thru the traps at about 6900 so they don't get a lot of hi-RPM use if that is an important factor. I also have a flat tappet cam, not a roller, for whatever that is worth.

794DD8A2-D987-4BC6-9520-32FFDCF4E28F.jpeg
EA4DF3AF-664E-4BA1-B35B-881E541BD68E.jpeg

Street application. Rods seem to be the weak point. Went with these from Manton. Outstanding Customer Service. 2 day turn around.

No problem bud. Are you building a new motor?
No the guy that did my motor between the two of us we figured I probably got maybe 2500 miles on my motor so we're just going to do the heads and set them up for the cam that's in my motor and we're going to put them on and see how it goes

No the guy that did my motor between the two of us we figured I probably got maybe 2500 miles on my motor so we're just going to do the heads and set them up for the cam that's in my motor and we're going to put them on and see how it goes
What can are you using with the victors.

Just looking over my bill from Chicago connection and it doesn’t say a brand but it says they are 8.950” 3/8 and a .083 wall. Give them a call and see what they say bill is a big time mopar guy.
Okay are you sure about that cuz I called Chicago Connection they tell me that they would have to have them made they don't have them right there they wanted to know the length so I called Edelbrock Edelbrock says they're 9 and 1/2 in Long so I don't know what's going on here

Okay are you sure about that cuz I called Chicago Connection they tell me that they would have to have them made they don't have them right there they wanted to know the length so I called Edelbrock Edelbrock says they're 9 and 1/2 in Long so I don't know what's going on here
Could’ve been a mistake on my work order. There was a couple mistakes i found with part numbers. Best bet would be get an adjustable pushrod length checker and measure what you need. My engine is assembled so I cannot check

Could’ve been a mistake on my work order. There was a couple mistakes i found with part numbers. Best bet would be get an adjustable pushrod length checker and measure what you need. My engine is assembled so I cannot check
Well Edelbrock sent me a PDF file on how to check pushrod length and what size pushrod and this that and the other thing so I'm going to look at it tonight when I get home on the computer and we're going to go from there

You should probably measure for yourself and get the correct length. Trend makes pushrods for several companies but I use Smith Bros and also never had any issues with either supplier. My two cents!

Adjustable length checking P-rods are only 20/30 bucks and a must have tool that is worth the extra effort in my opinion. when aftermarket gaskets-heads-rocker assys- cams/lifters and deck heights are all over the place. RB and B engines use different length checking rods maybe except for el cheapo versions.

depends on what style of camshaft,
what lifters or make even hydr., solid/mech., solid roller or hydr. roller
(small base circle or reduced diam. or 'normal')
& the style of rockers used
& what thickness of head gaskets even plays a role
& how much the bock has been decked
& depending on the valve lengths, how much tip is sticking up
or if you have lash caps etc.

all of it can/will effect pushrod lengths

you really need a adj. pushrod tool
'to measure what you actually need'

Last edited:
My intake and exhaust pushrods with -1 heads and off set tappets are .024" different in length.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back