• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Put some CL wheels on the 73

Paul_G

Local time
9:50 PM
Reaction score
Had to get the ill fitting wheels the Charger had on it, off. Found these ones on CL. The tires are crap, but the wheels are like new. Not sure if like yet. Need to give it some time. They are 18x8 with 235/40-18's on the front, 20x8.5 with 245/45-20's on the back.

20190322-122611-2.jpg

Last edited:
I love it. If I weren’t attached to my Gambler 5 holes I’d go for a set of those.

I like them but I kinda have a thing for the pro touring look

I have the same exact wheels for my 55 chevy in 17x7, and 17x8. I got 17s so i could still have some sidewall to the tires. I dont care for the rubber band tire look.
In my humble opinion, they will look great with the tallest tires that you can fit in those big wheelwells. Fill em up!

I’ve always been more of a 15in wheel kinda guy but I have to admit this wheel set up looks nice. I’d definitely go for some wider rear tires though.

Yep. New tires are needed. I just want to make sure I like the look with these wheels before I buy tires. The rear end needs to come down to stock height, which it can with these wheels, they will fit inside the wheel opening nicely.

You guys surely expect different from me BUT I think you need a thicket sidewall.
W H A T ???
Yeah...I do like the bigger diameter wheels but the ultra low profile tires don't look right to me.
You can fit a 275 40 on the front and a 285 40 or 45 in the back.
Just MY opinion, good luck with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back