• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QA1 engine cradle or stock

19 69 GTX

Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
Ok bought a 65 Coronet and as a roller. It has a k member but perches are cut off. It has a engine plate and mid plate installed. Basically I'm building a street car that will see the track a fair amount of time. Should I use the plates or get a stock K member or go with a QA1 engine cradle.I read I could use a later year K member is that correct. If I go with QA1 can I use stock steering components and stock disc brakes and upper control arms. What's pros and cons.

Screenshot_20201021-105207_Facebook.jpg

I had the exact same issue, I decided to go with QA1 setup, also went with their upper & lower ctl arms. Fit great, using stock linkage and Borgenson box, 2" Doug's headers which did require a little dent to clear the torsion bar. Cant wait to drive it!

20200711_134751.jpg

What car did you put it in..says for 66 and up B body on their site. So will it fit a 65 what is different. That looks great

Did u use aftermarket spindles and brakes

I also bought a '66-up K from QA1 to put in my 65 Belvedere, but have not put it in yet. I will be using the front engine mounting plate from Mancini.

Does it seem like you ended up with more clearance Mike67?

Auto Transport Service
Back