• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Qa1 lower control arms

1967coronet440

Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
Anyone running the lowers from qa1? Debating grabbing a set wondering if it's worth the money.

Thanks

Got them in my `cuda. Nice...no steering stops.

Got them in my `cuda. Nice...no steering stops.
They say it only accepts certain sway bars? I have a sway bar from summit i want to use. You know anything about this, is there any exceptions?

I've got a large diameter Hellwig on mine[`cuda]. It also has different mounting positions on the A-arm, than earlier cars. I think a 70 and up bar will fit on the car. They come with K-frame brackets. We've used both inside and outside position , aftermarket sway-bars on the builds. The k-frames interchange, so getting either the wide or narrow bar, should get you in business. Just have to match the bar width, with the a-arm mounting position.

Last edited:
What sway bar do you have? I put the QA1 lowers on my Charger and am using an after market ADDCO sway bar that attaches to a bracket on the lower shock mount bolt. So the new control arms didn't change the end-link locations.

The QA1 control arms do have built in mounts for sway bar end-links, but you'll have to use the later B/E body bar.

From QA1's website: Part #52308 is designed to work with the E-Body sway bar and the 1971-72 B-Body sway bar.

What sway bar do you have? I put the QA1 lowers on my Charger and am using an after market ADDCO sway bar that attaches to a bracket on the lower shock mount bolt. So the new control arms didn't change the end-link locations.

The QA1 control arms do have built in mounts for sway bar end-links, but you'll have to use the later B/E body bar.

From QA1's website: Part #52308 is designed to work with the E-Body sway bar and the 1971-72 B-Body sway bar.
I have the summit sway bar,

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-720230

Oh ok, that one comes with the angle brackets that attach to the lower shock mount as well. It should fit just fine.

The qa1 control arms are really nice quality and great if you need to replace your factory ones if they are bent out or broken. Now I will say that they are stronger than the factory style but have no improvement on the geometry or weight savings. I would instead suggest installing a set of stiffening plates on the bottom of your original arms and you achieve pretty much the same affect. If you are not pro-touring and just cruising I would save the money and use it on another area of your project
Thanks
James

How do those that have actually put them in their hands, feel about the build quality, metal quality and long term survivability?

I am considering these for one of my cousins cars

How do those that have actually put them in their hands, feel about the build quality, metal quality and long term survivability?

5star reviews on summit, also spoke to a couple people on here that use them and approve.

My car will be a pro touring style build that's why I decided to go with these.

The qa1 control arms are really nice quality and great if you need to replace your factory ones if they are bent out or broken. Now I will say that they are stronger than the factory style but have no improvement on the geometry or weight savings. I would instead suggest installing a set of stiffening plates on the bottom of your original arms and you achieve pretty much the same affect. If you are not pro-touring and just cruising I would save the money and use it on another area of your project
Thanks
James

James you say that there is no benefit over the stock arms with reinforcement plates, but then say don't bother unless your pro-touring. Not being a douche, but what then is the benefit of the Qa1 lower control arms then? If weight and geometry are the same then is there any benefit? or just looks?

I considered them, but decided to rebuild mine with the plates instead. I'm looking at upgrading the steering/suspension over our winter and was thinking about what other pieces I should consider.

I have upper and lower (not installed yet) and think they will be great....very well crafted in my opinion.:thumbsup:

I am not bashing Qa1 by any means. They make tons of great product that I have even used in the past. What I was trying to express is that if you read about the arms there is no enhancement to the geometry of the arms and no weight savings with them. What the arms do offer is that they are stronger than stock because of their tubular design. So for the guy that is building a car that is primarily for street use and not going to a pro-touring events every single weekend. The benefits that the the Qa1 arms offers in my opinion do not out weigh the cost. You can strengthen your stock arms with either making your own stiffening plates or purchasing from a vendor. I am not knocking there product, just merely comparing it to stock just as the original poster asked.

Now if your stock arm are trashed meaning bent or broken then I would said that the Qa1 tubulars are the the way to go. Secondly if you are building your car solely for the pro-touring and the suspension is under constant stress then absolutely buy them.

But one thing I will say is the engineers at Mopar back in the day knew what they were doing.

Thanks
James

Last edited:
Currently backordered on summit, expected arrival is 4/6/17. Probaly a good thing for me since my girlfriend hates me right now for spending so much time at the shop :mad:

They feel great. I have put a lot miles on QA1 suspension products under my foxbody mustang and their mopar parts seem to be every bit as good. Both of QA1's b-body upper and lower controls are very solid.

I am not bashing Qa1 by any means. They make tons of great product that I have even used in the past. What I was trying to express is that if you read about the arms there is no enhancement to the geometry of the arms and no weight savings with them. What the arms do offer is that they are stronger than stock because of their tubular design. So for the guy that is building a car that is primarily for street use and not going to a pro-touring events every single weekend. The benefits that the the Qa1 arms offers in my opinion do not out weigh the cost. You can strengthen your stock arms with either making your own stiffening plates or purchasing from a vendor. I am not knocking there product, just merely comparing it to stock just as the original poster asked.

Now if your stock arm are trashed meaning bent or broken then I would said that the Qa1 tubulars are the the way to go. Secondly if you are building your car solely for the pro-touring and the suspension is under constant stress then absolutely buy them.

But one thing I will say is the engineers at Mopar back in the day knew what they were doing.

Thanks
James

Thanks James,

Not trying to trip you over your words, just trying to understand. I have their upper control arms, but rebuilt my original stock lowers. Always wondered if that was the right choice, but reading between the lines, I made the right choice.

Got the lca's today, look great high quality piece. But it almost looks like the pivot shafts aren't pressed in all the way looking from the front side, but if you can look from the back you can see it's sitting on the lip? Thoughts...

IMG_0293.JPG IMG_0294.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back