• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QA1 lower control arms.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
I’ve looked around and can’t find a good answer. I have QA1 lower control arms but I’m getting conflicting info about sway bars.

1. You can’t use a factory sway bar with them.
2.You can use an ebody sway bar but must have the qa1 kmember.
3.addco sway bar?
4.hotchkis sway bar.
Anybody know if they sell a sway bar mounting tab for the QA1 lowers?

Not saying the QA1 lowers are bad but I would use the OEM lowers with the reinforcement plates welded in and a Poly bushing. You could fab some sway bar mounts and go with a bigger bar for sure. The price to buy them is Crazy if they even make them for a B-Body. A-Body tabs are stupid $$$ for what they are. Maybe PST has something?? Some Angle Iron and creative fab/ welding is what I will do for my A.

I have some metal I could fab something up I'm sure. But wondering why in the hell they didnt make it a direct fit for sway bar cars I guess so they can sell a damn kit. K-Member uppers and lowers with the dynamic link strut bar.

I have QA1 LCAs. I tried mounting a Summit-branded sway bar made by Hellwig. It had 90 degree tabs that bolted to the shock mounts (like these). The problem I ran into was that the sway bar ends interfered with my QA1 strut rods, so I sent it back. It might work with narrower, stock-style strut bars but I don't know.

no stock K-Member
The only restriction I know of, is if you run the Subframe, you have to use a 70 or later sway bar.. I run the Lower Arms, subframe, and Hotchkis TVS..

The only restriction I know of, is if you run the Subframe, you have to use a 70 or later sway bar.. I run the Lower Arms, subframe, and Hotchkis TVS..
Do you have a picture of your setup by any chance?

What arms do you have ? Yeah, pics would help. I have tubular arms with stock sway bar, no problemo.

I purchased the QA1 tubular lower control arms. But Was reading saying I couldnt use the 69 sway bar. But I read that you could use a 70 E-Body sway bar. I was just looking at the setups for a 69 and 70 to compare.

1970 K-Frame

20180325_163346.jpg

1969 Sway Bar. The only real difference I see is that the 69 is more forward But the tabs are still the same on the stock lower control arms. Doesn't make much sense that a stock sway bar wont work. But I see how the 70 runs through the k member. And its actually shorter and that may be the difference where it hooks up to the control arm.
img_1985-jpg.jpg

So I guess my next and last question is will a 70 sway bar fit through the 69 K frame?

I have QA1 LCAs. I tried mounting a Summit-branded sway bar made by Hellwig. It had 90 degree tabs that bolted to the shock mounts (like these). The problem I ran into was that the sway bar ends interfered with my QA1 strut rods, so I sent it back. It might work with narrower, stock-style strut bars but I don't know.
Did you try a factory sway bar and angle brackets?
Any photos of the interference??

I have a 70 style mounted under the 69 K-Member and hooked up to the QA1's It works just as good. Its not really any different than the factory 69. Just moved the mounting brackets over a little.

I have sway bar brackets for a 69, that you can use on QA1 LCA’s with the factory 69 sway bar.

Auto Transport Service
Back