• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Qualified for D6 Race of Champions

LemonWedge

Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
After learning a lot of tough lessons the past few years, I’ve finally put together a pretty solid season in the Satellite and recently locked myself into the D6 Pro E/T Race of Champions. Hopefully plenty of others here at FBBO are in the same position. This will be my first ROC, and I’m kind of geeked about it. For those not familiar, this race is held at the divisional ET finals, and qualifies the winner into the NHRA World Finals in Pamona, and a chance to win an NHRA championship. Those things are a pipe dream at this point and I’m not even sure I’d make the trip to SoCal, but I’m pretty happy at this point to have put myself in this position.

The D6 ET Finals is at the end of the Month, you can bet I’ll have LemonWedge ready to rock! I’ve got one race between now and then to get tuned up.

My goals at the beginning of the year were to qualify for the ET Finals and win a race. I’ve put check marks in both of those boxes, and now added the ROC to the list. Just felt compelled to share my stoke. Please let me know if you’re in a similar spot.

2020= Wally?,lol. Congrats on getting it done. Good luck finishing out the year . Keep us posted.

congrats, I hope you do well & go rounds

:popcorn: I look forward to hearing about the win :poke:

Way to go stay focused and bring home the win

Way to go LW! I hope to be able to have similar accomplishment one day. Get Er Done LW!

Well, it wasn’t a stellar weekend for LemonWedge. I got smacked around a bit in my first Division Final this past weekend, but it was fun non the less. I was a 1st round exit in each of the 3 races: Friday: ran into a .028 package and was .027 on the tree leaving me 2” that I couldn’t find. (At least this loss came at the hands of a gorgeous 66 Dodge)
Saturday: lit the red bulb. Frustrating since this was the one matchup where the other lane ultimately left plenty of room for me even though I was dead at the tree.
Sunday: ran into a .012 pack buzz-saw. I was .040 on the tree to his .008, tried to push him out but he was having none of it and went dead-4 to add insult to injury.

It was a fun weekend to cap a fun season, and I learned a lot. A friend of mine won the Pro ROC and a trip to Pamona; Glad I was there to see him get the win. I might be done for the year, we’ll see.

Thanks for all the well wishes, next time I’ll be armed with more experience.

Congrats again for making it that far, you ran into some tough packages. Sometimes it just not your day.

Congrats for making the show as you did great just to get there. And you got to learn a lot about it. You will get them next year. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back