• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality 60 + amp alternator

dodge68charger

Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Trying to keep my engine looking as stock as possible. I dont have an alternator. Does any company sell a quality stock 60 amp or greater alternator that will work on a 68 b body with the factory wiring. Thanks

I think a stock 60 amp will work, you just need to ground third terminal. The only thingis that for 60 amp alternator you should replace Battery wire with larger wire.

have this one

Attachments

• seat medallions 007.jpg
    seat medallions 007.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 152
  • seat medallions 006.jpg
    seat medallions 006.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 158
Powermaster makes both 60 and 75 amp replacements--I was using their 75 amp but needed more with dual fans, electric fuel pump, along with battery charging. I'm now using a 100 amp Tuff Stuff look-alike and it performs beautifully--looks stock. As badlite says, upgrade your charge wire to an 8 gauge with a 12 gauge fusible link and while you're at it, bypass your amp gauge (weakest link in your electrical system) and install a voltmeter. Go to Mad Electric's website--a great deal of valuable information there.

Auto Transport Service
Back