• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quarter Panels - details

Machmeter1

Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
does anyone have pictures showing an original quarter panel in full size from in and outside? The location of the part number and location of factory weld spots would also be interesting for me. I tried to find a weld&sealant assembly manual but could only find a general manual. Those little details and other factors are very important and the key to a successful car inspection. Especially on these models with limited part sources. I am thankful for all pictures showing details of original quarter panels.

cheers Wolfgang

Here I have two examples from an original car, showing the weld spots and part numbers of the left and right trunk/rear corners.

MVIMG_20190707_163243870.jpg IMG_20190707_163240448.jpg

The rest of the spot welds you will find on your own.. about 2 inches apart unless the welder was drunk that day then they could be any distance apart. Honestly you just have to find them.

What about the stamped in part number, where is it located?

Auto Transport Service
Back