• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quarter window question, interchange?

Johnny Mac

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
My monaco has the fixed, screwed in quarter windows. My question is....did all the cars with these fixed windows have the half vinyl top? I really just want to make this a hardtop since im missing the trim and the previous owner ripped off the top. But, I only see these windows with vinyl tops. So does trim even exist for drip rails and these style windows, to even make it a hardtop?

Attachments

• 00V0V_a9F1oruXqLW_600x450.jpg
    00V0V_a9F1oruXqLW_600x450.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 374
no takers? i should note that on this car, the trim that would go over the roof to line the vinyl top, also comes down and is the trim for half of the opera windows...so...again...is there trim avail that makes these opera windows look "finished" that doesn't double as the vinyl top hold downs? or do they all look like the image below.

there is a break in the trim where i drew the read line.

Attachments

• fff.JPG
    fff.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 236
If you go on line and search for dodge magnum or charger or your model and request pictures. You will view many examples for great looking 75-79 B-Body cars with and without vinyl tops. I'm removed the trim from my 78 magnum to a full non-vinyl top. Problem is the trim piece around the rear window (Common to all models in 75-79) has a vinyl grain to match the vinyl top, thus I need to fine a non-vinyl donor car for the trim pieces.

I have done this, and I have yet to find a window that appears to be a screw in like mine, that doesnt have a half vinyl top. I do see hard top magnum and cordoba examples, BUT, they all have a small inset window, not like mine.

1975 roadrunner/sport fury….has what appears to be a roll down, full pane window.
75prrbywschroeder_1.jpg
1975 charger. Smaller, different window entirely, fixed in quarter panel.
1975_dodge_charger_calabasas_ca_7440008443208144830.jpg
Now here is a magnum, this appears to be a sharp edged window, again differing.
32214052170_large.jpg
Now here are the windows mine has…I ONLY see these on vinyl top cars. note the glass is physically lower than the others
monaco2.jpg
It’s not as simple as suggested above (go get trim from a hardtop)
Looks to me like there are at least 4 windows configurations on these cars, and the stupid opera, screw in style that I have was only avail on the vinyl top cars. Bit of a problem considering I’d rather have a hardtop.

Again any help is appreciated. My quarters are actually rounded and appear to be specific to these windows…I see no other options that using these windows…and fabricating some kind of trim to “finish” them if I go hardtop.

I guess no one is responding because none of these cars, with these windows, ever came as a hardtop. Guess i need to fabricate some Finish trim.

this keeps getting better....a 78 full pane window, with a completely different body line that mine.lol awesomefghfgh.jpg

This might be a good doner for your hardtop conversion. It's been for sale (off and on) for a year or more. Good luck. If the link doesn't work, search the Minneapolis craigslist.

https://rmn.craigslist.org/cto/5406704741.html[/URL]

Thanks bud. I tried dealing with that joker when I needed a grille. He only sporadically answers emails and refuses to ship any parts. Shame because he seems to stockpile alot of parts for these cars

Seems he just wants to be wanted! Good luck with your project!

Auto Transport Service
Back