• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Queensrÿche - Silent Lucidity

Saw the “Operation Mindcrime” tour in 1989 in Rochester if I’m recalling my timeline correctly. Never quite seen that “storyline” type concert with any of the other concerts I’ve been to. Magnificent show.

Outstanding song!
Jet City Woman is another.
BOTH make me extra appreciative of my gigantic Klipsch speakers and ridiculous amplifier output!

MN156. If I could have only one song, ever, this would be it. Also Speak, Jet City Woman, Queen of the Reich.
Operation Mindcrime and The Warning. Absolutely brilliant albums. Played loud on a great stereo.
My idea of a good time.

Saw the “Operation Mindcrime” tour in 1989 in Rochester if I’m recalling my timeline correctly. Never quite seen that “storyline” type concert with any of the other concerts I’ve been to. Magnificent show.
Do you listen to dream theater since you enjoy the ryche?? The scenes from a memory tour and the anniversary of that tour shows did the whole concept album with video backing.

Do you listen to dream theater since you enjoy the ryche?? The scenes from a memory tour and the anniversary of that tour shows did the whole concept album with video backing.
No, never got in Dream Theater. They had a good sound I recall but they didn’t really “stick” with me after first hearing them in the 80’s.

An excellent band that doesn't get enough radio airplay. My favorite is Last Time in Paris.

They are opening for Judas Priest

As bad as I wanted to go last month , just couldn’t justify

No Geoff Tate

And no KK and Glenn with Priest

Man we are getting old with all these great bands

I heard back in the day that the lead singer was going to "replace" Sammy Hagar in Van Halen. Not sure how much truth there was to that though.

I heard back in the day that the lead singer was going to "replace" Sammy Hagar in Van Halen. Not sure how much truth there was to that though.
Wonder how that would have played out for VH? Hmmmm…

Just listened to it on my home stereo to give it a good chance. What a throwback. Took me back to dating my wife in HS. Once it hit the main chorus I clearly remember this song from the era. Nice drum into and the guitar rips are phenomenal…

The Seattle area crushed it for music back then. Hendrix, Stephen Miller, Heart, Queensryche...just to name a few. Then the Grunge rocket launched, took off. How many bands & careers was that? Even Quincey Jones & Ray Charles hung out there for a few years. Heck, Bing Crosby was born near there.

The downside is Seattle music / grunge via the record companies basically killed hard rock in the 1990s. Anyone remember Blue Murder? I like AIC, sound garden, mother love bone as much as anyone else, but it was the death blow for blues rock IMHO save for the white stripes or whatever was left of Cinderella. So Seattle of the 90s is good and bad IMHO.

Everybody was going to replace DLR in Van Halen

Everybody was going to replace Sammy Hagar in Van Halen

NOBODY is going to replace EVH

Wore out 2 cassettes walking perimeter during Desert Storm, wore Walkman around neck. My final paper in college writing was about Operation Mindcrime....timeless.

Auto Transport Service
Back