• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

question about a wiper motor

eddie102870

Local time
6:26 AM
Reaction score
working on my 69 super bee, installed a aluminum six pack with breather and now the wiper motor hits the base. question is is there a different wiper motor for the six pack engines or will i just have to modify the air cleaner base? its doable but id rather not hack it up if i dont have to.

Same wiper motor, should be enough clearance.

FA970C71-CB13-49F2-8A3F-9E1B78210929.png

ok thanks, ill have to look at mine again. i dont have that much room.

Do you have a 2 or 3-speed wiper motor ??? There is no clearance for a 2-speed, you need to use a 3-speed.

Stanton is correct, you need a 3 speed motor, a two speed won't work. Ask me how I know

Yup......You will need a three speed wiper motor. You will also need the 3 speed switch in the dash and the 3 speed crank arm on the wiper motor. The rest of the wiper stuff will all be the same. Your dash harness already has the extra wire that will hook up to the 3 speed switch.

You can use the 2 speed.. I had one on my Bee since 1979. Now that I'm older and wiser I just recently fixed that "quick fix" from back in the day and made it right again! Buy a 3 speed wiper and the matching linkage arm + the three speed switch for the panel. The existing wiring in the dash harness has the extra brown wire you'll need on the switch. Make sure the motor you buy has the harness on it as it's different than the 2 speed.

beerestoration2017 368.JPG beerestoration2017 392.JPG beerestoration2017 408.JPG beerestoration2017 1401.JPG beerestoration2015 266.JPG

Yep, I just learned this myself.....3-speed wiper needed for clearance with a 6-pack & I'm 99% sure for Hemi's too for air cleaner clearance. Now that I think of it, I think you'd need a 3-speed wiper system for any airgrabber/ramcharger hood.

Auto Transport Service
Back