• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about fan

cheetah400m

Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
I purchased a fan recently, part p4120758 online. The fan I received is stamped 4140063. The box has the p4120758 part. Is the fan I received correct for the part number on the package?

ADB366A8-0804-4DAC-BFF2-78E4EA100B87.jpeg 278C77C7-AF03-4C86-A349-E46DCC6042BB.jpeg

With the odd placement of the blades, how is it that it could be considered as balanced?

It looks the clutch unit is a Hayden unit and not an origional Mopar clutch....the slotted mounting flange is not Mopar. Yes, the box shows the assembly number and the individual blades have their own part nimber.
The 5 blade design was less costly to produce and weighs less than origional 18" diameter x 7 blade assembly but IMO, does not move any more air, contradictory to what you may have read. Equate that to shoveling, sand for example. If you were shoveling sand (or material of your preference) with a #4 shovel at the rate of one shovel full per 10 seconds then switched to a larger #6 shovel at the same 10 second interval, you would move more sand per unit of time. The same holds true for moving air with a 7 blade fan vs a 5 blade fan.....assuming the same operating RPM and blade pitch angle.....more is better....so to speak.
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back