• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about fitment

Ch4RG3R_70

Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys ive came across a 440/727 that i was thinking about buying from a 1977 new yorker to put in a b body my question is are there any difference from a 440 from a new yorker and a motorhome ? And the transmission ive heard the motorhome trans has the short tailshaft and won't work, what about from the new yorker ? Do they have long or short tail shaft ? If everything is good would it drop right in to a b body? Thanks again for the help.

The New Yorker engine and tranny will be fine. What year B Body ?

Hey guys ive came across a 440/727 that i was thinking about buying from a 1977 new yorker to put in a b body my question is are there any difference from a 440 from a new yorker and a motorhome ? And the transmission ive heard the motorhome trans has the short tailshaft and won't work, what about from the new yorker ? Do they have long or short tail shaft ? If everything is good would it drop right in to a b body? Thanks again for the help.
I believe the motorhome trans has the longer tail shaft...

No idea on the engines compression between a car and motor home.

Auto Transport Service
Back