• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

question about original parts

Fabinho8

Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
Hi
Own a 66 plymouth satellite and wondering the following:

• did they sell / use 1966 also 15" wheels?
• did they had brake master cylinder without mastervac?
• did chrysler use 1966 also Holley Double pumper?

did they sell / use 1966 also 15" wheels?
Yes, Chrysler did on trucks and Chryslers, not on Satellites. All 14's on the B bodies, even the Max Wedge cars built just a little earlier.

did they had brake master cylinder without mastervac?
Yes, single sump master cylinder.

• did chrysler use 1966 also Holley Double pumper?
Not as far as i know... even the Vettes which were just getting those types of Holley carbs were vacuum secondary i do believe in production trim.

Yes, Chrysler did on trucks and Chryslers, not on Satellites. All 14's on the B bodies, even the Max Wedge cars built just a little earlier.

Yes, single sump master cylinder.

Not as far as i know... even the Vettes which were just getting those types of Holley carbs were vacuum secondary i do believe in production trim.

Thank you. Do you know where I get documents / copies to proof all that?

The dual master cylinder didn't happen until MY1967 as a result of the FMVSS being applied to all 1967 cars and trucks. (FMVSS = Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, which began for the 1967 model year (MY)). You'll find many older cars retrofitted with a dual master cylinder by owners. Both of my 1966 cars are so modified.

Look at any MY1966 Dodge or Plymouth dealer advertisements, brochures, or factory service manuals; you'll see that NO 15" wheels were offered on MY1966 Dodges or Plymouths. Just on Imperial (standard for 1966) and optional on New Yorker, Newport and 300.

You won't see a Holley double-pumper mentioned at all in any dealer promotional brochures OR factory service manuals for MY1966.

I'm assuming you need the information to pass the mandatory vehicle inspection in Switzerland?

Auto Transport Service
Back