• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question For Any Of You 70 Convertible owners.....

soundhd

Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
Have a recently purchased 70 RR convertible. have a question about how fast the top comes down when nearing the top of the winshield. Top comes up what I would consider to be normal speed (have owned convertibles since 1966 but all GM cars, this 70 RR is my first Mopar). When to top gets near the top of the windshield say a bit less then one foot it then just comes down what I would consider pretty hard,kind of like the weight of the top takes over.....all my GM convertible tops always came down nice and easy...........just wondering if that is normal for Mopar convertibles? Thanks

My 69 RR did the same thing. I figured it was just the weight of the top contributing to this. I would just bump the switch a few times when it got to this point, instead of holding it in until to top was seated.

Auto Transport Service
Back