• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question For Any Of You 70 Convertible owners.....

soundhd

Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
Question For Any Of You 70 Convertible owners.....(a repeat....sorry)

Sorry for the repeat....my computer was acting up.....did not think the first attempt worked)
Have a recently purchased 1970 RR convertible. When putting the top up when it gets near the top pf the windshield (about a bit less then 12 inches) it seems to come down very fast, sort of slams down on the top of the windshield frame, like the weight of the top sort of takes over. I have owned convertibles since 1966 but all have been GM cars and the tops of all those cars all came down nice and easy (this 70 RR is my first Mopar). Just wondering if this is normal for the Mopar convertibles. All other functions of the top seem to work just fine.......
Thanks

Sorry for the repeat....my computer was acting up.....did not think the first attempt worked)
Have a recently purchased 1970 RR convertible. When putting the top up when it gets near the top pf the windshield (about a bit less then 12 inches) it seems to come down very fast, sort of slams down on the top of the windshield frame, like the weight of the top sort of takes over. I have owned convertibles since 1966 but all have been GM cars and the tops of all those cars all came down nice and easy (this 70 RR is my first Mopar). Just wondering if this is normal for the Mopar convertibles. All other functions of the top seem to work just fine.......
Thanks
mine has always come up much faster once it hits that peak of hitting the down hill side so to speak , but it doesnt really slam down just speeds up and gets easier as its not working the pump up hill .

I guess "slam" was a bit much.....it does come down very quickly the last few inches........thanks

Mine comes down smooth and stops about 1/2 inch from the windshield.

I had 2 70 Satellite ragtops. Never had the top slam down. Had to change the hydraulic pumps on one that was leaking and wouldn't lift the top without a helping hand though.

Mine goes up smooth but it does sort of wants to slam down but never hits the top of the windshield panel, I am so used to it I just put my hand up and catch it helping it ease down. I can live with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back