• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on 402 oil pan

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:02 AM
Reaction score
Just trying to figure out why I have a 699 oil pan on my 67 440 hp? I been told that a 402 oil pan was used. Most likely it was swap out for some reason. I found out that Oil Pan with Stamping #(699) were use on c-bodies 67-73. Is their a big difference or problem in performance.

Sounds like to me that an engine swap was made. Most likely you have a C Body motor in your ride or one that came from a C Body...Is it the original motor?

It is the original motor, Casting dated correctly 10 11 66 casting #2536430-10 Engine slap c440hp 11 25.Correct heads , exhaust manifolds etc. I have certicard with owners information, but unable to contact. I am the fourth owner. And going on info from pervious owner who possessed vehicle for 4 yrs. He purchased from upstate NY was a mopar guy & engine rebuilder in area. Also unable to find further info...

could have smashed the OE pan somewhere in it's life? Maybe it was replaced by someone?

I think my 66 Charger with 383 is a 402 pan as well...would have to get my fat *** under the car to check

Like I said above, I think it is a non-original motor. Correct date code maybe. Check your data tag and if you have the build sheet, it might shed some light....

Auto Transport Service
Back