• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions about a truck

dostroupe

Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 1975, actually 09/75 build so I believe that makes it a 76 model. Anyway, the owner posted a picture of the option sticker under the hood. The rear end is listed as a code number AB2- R/A chry 8-3/8. I'm assuming that would be what we commonly call an 8-1/4, not an 8-3/4? Would that be correct?

I’ll bump your thread.

I assume this is a Dodge truck? W or D series? 9/75 should be 76 model year.

Can you post a picture of the label and the rear end cover, or lack thereof? I’m more familiar with 77-79 Dodge trucks, no 8 3/4 in them. Earlier trucks did have 8 3/4 rears. If you have a factory service manual it will show all available rears.

I'm looking at a 1975, actually 09/75 build so I believe that makes it a 76 model. Anyway, the owner posted a picture of the option sticker under the hood. The rear end is listed as a code number AB2- R/A chry 8-3/8. I'm assuming that would be what we commonly call an 8-1/4, not an 8-3/4? Would that be correct?
what is the trim level of the truck?
s it a d100 or a d150 or?
sure sounds like the 8-1/4,it should have the regular bolt pattern as well,
4.5 on 5 and then later on they went to 5 on 5 in the 80-s
heres hoping you get it and share pics too !

ps,tech tip,just in case you have to go in the rear someday,
if you use the aftermarket spacers instead of the factory crush sleeve on the 8-1/4,
they will last forever.

It's a D-100. I do not have access to the truck, it's for sale on FB marketplace. I first saw it while on my computer at home, when I looked at it again on my phone and magnified the picture it plainly says 8-3/8. I can not get the guy to message me back. I just thought for the price of the truck if it was an 8-3/4 it would be worth it. I'm sure it's not an 8-3/4 though.

i hear you there..some of these people on fb marketplace are just...urgh.
no followthru of any kind,either selling or buying,

were you looking for a truck or just a replacement rearend?
i know Cbody Bob is below you in NC and hes a dodge truck guy as well.
hes one of the best down there and supports all of the mopars/community.

When ever I have something strange to verify I use Rock Auto’s catalog. Sure enough, they show rear end parts for 8 1/4, 8 3/8, 8 3/4 and 9 1/4. Looks like 8 3/8 was a rear available on a 76 D100.

I have a 79 with an 8-1/4 rear. I'm getting ready to put a warm 440 in and will be upgrading the rear for strength and a sure grip.

The truck is for sale for $600 and yard drives, it's a little ratty which I don't mind. Swap rears and have a ratty truck too!

Auto Transport Service
Back