• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick Fuel Slayer Series?

JedIEG

Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of messing with the old Holley's I have and don't trust them very much. I'm looking at the Quick Fuel Slayer series 750. It seems to be pretty budget friendly and everything is adjustable. I'm looking for reliability, and good street manners (I want my wife to be able to drive it to work without trouble) Anyone running one? How do you like it?

The motor is a 318, but want some room if I change to a larger small block or give it to my dad for his 360 if I go the gen 3 hemi route.

The Quickfeul carbs are great value and very tuneable. I have used a Slayer twice but have fitted many SS series.
No problems with any of them. A good choice I think.

I'm getting tired of messing with the old Holley's I have and don't trust them very much. I'm looking at the Quick Fuel Slayer series 750. It seems to be pretty budget friendly and everything is adjustable. I'm looking for reliability, and good street manners (I want my wife to be able to drive it to work without trouble) Anyone running one? How do you like it?

The motor is a 318, but want some room if I change to a larger small block or give it to my dad for his 360 if I go the gen 3 hemi route.
What kind of trouble are you experiencing with the Holley carb.? Most of the time these guys will give you the fits when you start going up or down in elevation, I found for every 500 ft. of elevation was at least 1 jet change. I didn't know there was that much of an elevation change in Indy.

Well Im currently at getting the car around the block without having to push it home... I have a 4175 that won't idle at all and a 4160 that was a bonus core that came with the car that I don't really trust. It's on the car at the moment, but it had the metering block dowels broken off, the accelerator nozzle is really lazy as is the throttle return. I have a trick kit in each of these plus more bowl aand block gaskets from taking them apart a half dozen times trying to get the engine to idle.

Currently it will idle and run with the 4160 but the nose of my brand new fuel pump sheared off so thats the current issue...

I'm ready for some reliability with a warranty and reputation to back it up.

Well Im currently at getting the car around the block without having to push it home... I have a 4175 that won't idle at all and a 4160 that was a bonus core that came with the car that I don't really trust. It's on the car at the moment, but it had the metering block dowels broken off, the accelerator nozzle is really lazy as is the throttle return. I have a trick kit in each of these plus more bowl aand block gaskets from taking them apart a half dozen times trying to get the engine to idle.

Currently it will idle and run with the 4160 but the nose of my brand new fuel pump sheared off so thats the current issue...

I'm ready for some reliability with a warranty and reputation to back it up.
Sounds like you have a cobbled together carb brother. Seriously, unless your a Holley wizard these carbs can give you lotsa grief. Path of least resistance is to get a carb that hasn't been "tricked out", rebuild it and start your tuning from there. Make sure all electronics are in good shape so you don't chase your tail.

I have a brand new QuickFuel SS-650 carb that I'm going to sell. The customer decided to switch to EFI before he even fired up the engine. You don't need anything bigger than a 650 for a stock type 318 or 360 engine. If you're interested shoot me a PM.

Auto Transport Service
Back