• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

R/T Charger with A/C?

Absolutely , you could get so many options back in the day if you just wanted to pay the price! Power windows, cruise control, rear defrost were all available . If you have the fender tag share a pic and we can help!

I believe gathered info suggests roughly 1 in 10 got AC, so it is not a common option. It was relatively expensive.

Absolutely , you could get so many options back in the day if you just wanted to pay the price! Power windows, cruise control, rear defrost were all available . If you have the fender tag share a pic and we can help!
My R/T S.E. has A/C and all these options plus many more.

I believe gathered info suggests roughly 1 in 10 got AC, so it is not a common option. It was relatively expensive.

My guess is it depends on where the car was first delivered... Where I'm from Probably 60-70% of the Charger R/T's had A/C.. It was hard to find cars without A/C...

Classic air has a kit with a special bracket and crank pulley that you can put a/c on 440 six pack car.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
So, the only one you could not get a/c on would be the R/T 4-speed. Correct?

DSC_5885.jpeg

4 speed typically sees higher RPM usage... Oh, any gear numerically higher than 3.55 also takes A/C off the available options list..

You couldn’t get AC on the good one’s.

seriously though... the AC like the “cruise control” were bulky and primitive. The Classic Air system is a good upgrade.

seriously though... the AC like the “cruise control” were bulky and primitive. The Classic Air system is a good upgrade.

Yes, if you have to get under the dash to do anything on a factory air car it’s just a complete PIA.

My 69 GTX had all of this plus AM/8 Track.

Auto Transport Service
Back