• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Race gas fixes wrong timing

sam dupont

Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
I went to look at a car for sale (I bought it). I'm looking it over and in the back of the garage sat a 67 RS convertible Camaro, Catalina blue, blue interior; beautiful car.
I asked what's the deal with that car?
"Well, I had a '65 Corvette with a special motor and I rolled it. So I bought this Camaro and swapped the motors out, but it won't run. My buddy who races out at the circle track said it was bad gas". I like puzzles and helping, so I said: "try and start it once, let me see". So he tries to start it and it's coughing and wheezing and Popping. "You're 180° off". I proclaimed. He didn't know much about cars, that's another story, but me being the way I am, I said. "let's check it out". I rotated the motor to TDC and pulled the cap loose. I wasn't paying attention to him, but he had gone in the house and called his buddy the stock car driver. Sure enough, it was 180 off. I pulled the distributor, turned it around and stuck it back in just in time for the stock car driver to show up with a can of race gas. They poured the gas in the tank and then started the car. It started right up. "See, I told you it was the gas".

Auto Transport Service
Back