• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raced at an Import Event Yesterday

67Satty

Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
I wanted to get in one more trip to the track this year and the weather was nice so I went to an import event at my local 1/8 mile track yesterday for some TnT.

Some observations:

• Rugrats running around everywhere crying and screaming.
  • Huge entourages of people standing around in the staging lanes.
  • Lots of use of zipties to hold flapping body parts on.
  • Lots of breakdowns and delays including broken down imports blocking the return lanes.
  • Classes having to be called to the lanes multiple times before they would finally show up resulting in more delays.
  • Some of the crap-piles are pretty fast running in the 6 second range in the 1/8.
  • They aren't afraid to make a hideous racket bouncing their stuff off the rev limiters during burnouts and staging.
I was hoping for a new PB with the cool air in the high 50s but it didn't happen. Car was very consistent. Here are my last three runs:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Best run of the day was a [email protected] with a 1.69 60 foot.

I got to race a brand new Vette that still had the dealer plate on it. He cut me off in the staging lanes by moving from one lane to the other but then I got to race him and ran a 7.89 to his 7.94 but I could have run a 10 and still beat him because his reaction time was literally over three seconds!

There were also three Demons there. They can't 60 foot very well but they were fast running 109 in the 1/8. But they don't launch hard and they're quiet so they are kinda boring to watch for how fast they are.

Last edited:
Sounds like these type of races attract a lot more people than traditional drag racing. I wish that many children were at the local track, they will be the ones racing in 20 years.

There were a lot less people (both spectators and racers) than the usual events, just more chaos and delays.

Last edited:
sounds like a good day to me.

There were also three Demons there. They can't 60 foot very well but they were fast running 109 in the 1/8. But they don't launch hard and they're quiet so they are kinda boring to watch for how fast they are.
They didn't know what they were doing then. The launch control on the Demons is state of the art IF the operator knows how to operate it - and they get the tires hot enough, of course.
The 60ft times I've seen actual slips on range from 1.4-1.7 seconds.

We ran a Super Stock race along with an Import race at 131 Dragway this year. The crowd was very enthusiastic. Some of the cars were very fast, well into the 7 second range in the 1/4. Wasn't my kind of music though, lol
Doug

An import event love them or hate them they bring many hungry mouths to watch. Many racers complain about the import racer but let’s compare the two the domestic racer brings his own food drinks and what ever he or she needs for that day the import racer on the other hand brings his whole group of friends and family sometimes it looks like a clown car when they get out of the car lol that buy food from the concession stand as a track operator the import event is an economic windfall for them and if having these import events keeps the track open so be it I rather have an occasional annoyance than to have another track close due to economic reasons we have to look at the big picture whe have to embrace any event that will keep our track open and thriving

Auto Transport Service
Back