• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Racer Brown......?

Pat70rr

Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
I'm rebuilding a 383 on a budget it's going to be a stock engine nothing radical no racing just throwing a grandkids in the backseat and cruising I've been leaning towards a Racer Brown stock cam due to all the negative cam talk lately about overseas metal, I hear nothing but good things about Jim and his cams my question is are his prices budget friendly thanks in advance
Pat

The cam cores are rumored to ALL come from the same place no matter WHO does the final grinding.
2 years ago, I called Racer Brown and chatted with a nice man. When I commented about cam and lifter failures, the man spoke the fatal words that kills any chance of doing business....I've never heard of that happening before.\
When someone says that, I think that they are either LYING or that they are so detached from reality that I can't trust them.

Ok, at the risk of having starters hurled at me- Jim likely doesn’t spend much time reading anything on the internet. I wish to be more like him!

410-866-7660 most days 2-7 ish if he feels like it. No website.

I run many of Jim's cams no problems ever and I've never broke them in like they say to do I just start them set the timing and off I go and I've never had a issue

I run many of Jim's cams no problems ever and I've never broke them in like they say to do I just start them set the timing and off I go and I've never had a i

I run many of Jim's cams no problems ever and I've never broke them in like they say to do I just start them set the timing and off I go and I've never had a issue

Heard he's very good just inquiring about prices being he has none posted on his site

Auto Transport Service
Back