• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator cap for aluminum radiator

pjm8047

Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
I bought an aluminum radiator at a local car show from auto city classics and the oe style radiator cap isnt deep enough to seal on the fill neck. Im going to call the company today but was wondering if anyone has had the same issue?

Just tried the radiator cap off my old champion radiator it’s definitely taller then oe style cap and it sealed.

3C442B0E-8F1B-4F3A-9130-7FA5B1F386B5.jpeg

My new radiator from ACC actually hated my newest radiator cap that I had, so this older one I had sealed OK, but it was ugly. I recently got a new Spectre Performance one from Amazon that seems to seal nicely. Same shape as your black one.

My new radiator from ACC actually hated my newest radiator cap that I had, so this older one I had sealed OK, but it was ugly. I recently got a new Spectre Performance one from Amazon that seems to seal nicely. Same shape as your black one.
Could you send me a link to it please?

Just tried the radiator cap off my old champion radiator it’s definitely taller then oe style cap and it sealed.

View attachment 1322720
My bets it will work fine. Its all in the spring and its designed pressure at a certain distance of travel. My bets you put either one in a cap pressure tester and it will pass.

My bets it will work fine. Its all in the spring and its designed pressure at a certain distance of travel. My bets you put either one in a cap pressure tester and it will pass.
It’s definitely the design both caps pass a pressure test. But when on the radiator a different story With oe style cap I could run the car for an hour and top radiator hose has no pressure built up I could remove the cap while the cars running without any pressure release but with the champion pressure built up immediately.

Last edited:
It’s definitely the design both caps pass a pressure test. But when on the radiator a different story With oe style cap I could run the car for an hour and top radiator hose has no pressure built up I could remove the cap while the cars running without any pressure release but with the champion pressure built up immediately.
Then I doubt any other cap will work.

Then I doubt any other cap will work.
What do you mean by that? The champion style cap works. I don’t want to use the champion cap because its black and the radiator isn’t a champion radiator false advertising . I spoke to the people at acc and they said they’ll send me a cap with a taller spring like the champion cap. If i have no choice ill use the champion cap.

Ended up returning the Amazon radiator cap it wouldnt turn on the filler neck used the cap that I ordered from ACC seems like it’s sealing.

F349B0D9-DCB5-4C72-8126-68800709FEFC.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back